Start a new topic
Answered

Registering MoneyDance

I bought a new license from MoneyDance to get the latest update. However, while I received  the registration # I cannot enter it. The instructions say to go to Help-->Register, but that item is not on the list. It is also not availaable in About Moneydance. I can only use the program in demo boad, and whle I can download in that mode, in addition to not being able enter any manual transactions I cannot edit the downloaded transactions. Since things may be assigned to the default category, this has proven to be a major problem.

Can someone please tell me how to oput the license enetered in version 2022.4 build 4087, the latest version. I'd very much appreciate it.

Sara

Best Answer

Hi Sara,

An earlier build of Moneydance 2022 included a bug that meant the "Register Moneydance" option was missing from the help menu.  

As a workaround, you could register the program via the blue bar at the top of your Summary page (as Alice has advised). 

This bug has since been resolved, so you can now register the program in the normal way -  

Choose Help > Register Moneydance, and input your key here to remove the trial limitations. 

2 people have this question

I found it! They really need to add this to the instructions.

After you open Moneydance, click on "Summary" in the top of the left hand column.  A highlighted bar will show across the screen where you can select Register and enter your licence key. 

You can confirm your registration by clicking "Help" in the menu bar and selecting  "About Moneydance."

Instead of saying "unregistered" it now shows your licence key.

Best of luck,

Alice

Answer

Hi Sara,

An earlier build of Moneydance 2022 included a bug that meant the "Register Moneydance" option was missing from the help menu.  

As a workaround, you could register the program via the blue bar at the top of your Summary page (as Alice has advised). 

This bug has since been resolved, so you can now register the program in the normal way -  

Choose Help > Register Moneydance, and input your key here to remove the trial limitations. 

Login or Signup to post a comment