To remove an unwanted, duplicate, or unused data set, follow the steps below.
- First, open the data in Moneydance to ensure this is the correct file you'd like to remove.
- Then locate the file on your computer.
If your data is stored in the default location, you can access it by navigating within Moneydance to Help > Show Documents Folder.
- You will see a file/folder in your file browser named 'YourFileName.moneydance'.
On a Mac system, the file will appear with the Moneydance icon displayed.
On a Windows system, the file will appear as a regular 'folder' so you won't see the Moneydance icon.
- Once you've located the file, it's very important that you close Moneydance - but keep the file browsing window open.
- Once the Moneydance program is fully closed, right-click (Ctrl+click) on the .moneydance file, then select to Delete/Move to Trash.
Don't empty the trash/recycle bin just yet!
- After that, open Moneydance and you'll see the "Welcome to Moneydance" window.
From here you can access your other data file(s).
If the files are stored in the default location, they'll be listed on the right of the Welcome window.
- Select your current data file and open it in Moneydance to make sure that your data is correct.
This is to ensure that you removed the correct file
- Then you can safely empty your Trash folder.
Repeat this process for any additional files you've like to remove.