If you would like to rename your Moneydance data file you can follow the steps below.
- Open Moneydance, and navigate to Help > Show Documents Folder.
This will open a new file browsing window displaying the default location of your files.
- If your files are stored outside the Moneydance library, navigate to the custom file location on your system.
- Once you've located the file, it's important that you close Moneydance - but keep the file browsing window open.
- You will see a file/folder in your file browser named 'YourFileName.moneydance'.
On a Mac system, the file will appear with the Moneydance icon displayed.
On a Windows system, the file will appear as a regular 'folder' so you won't see the Moneydance icon.
- You should right-click (Ctrl+click) on the file/folder and select 'Rename'.
- Change the name to whatever you wish - just make sure you retain the .moneydance file extension at the end of the name.
- When you're done making changes, reopen Moneydance.
- You will likely be presented with the "Welcome to Moneydance" window.
Your newly renamed data set should be displayed on the right of this window.
- If not, click the 'Open Other' option.
A file browser will open, allowing you to navigate to and select your newly renamed data file.