Downloaded transactions come with a security ID and name attached.
If the security ID does not match the ID of the security that you have manually entered, then you will be prompted to match the downloaded security or select "None of the Above".
If you select "None of the Above" then Moneydance creates a new security and all subsequent downloads match this security.
To fix this, we must remove the security that was created when "None of the Above" was selected, reset the sync of the online download, then re-download and properly match the security.
- Go to the Securities Detail register of your investment account and locate the automatically created security from the drop-down list at the top right of the register.
- Select the "History" button and then click the edit button next to the security name.
- You will see the edit security screen. Change the security name to "Remove".
This is to make sure you are removing the correct security.
- Now click OK and then close the security window to return to the Securities Detail register.
- Then select the "Remove Security" button, and scroll down until you find the security renamed "Remove".
- You will be prompted to confirm that you want to remove this security.
Type in yes to confirm the deletion.
- At this point, the security and transactions should be gone.
- Select Online Banking > Set Up Online banking.
- Then click the "Reset Sync" button.
- Now download your data again from your broker.
- Only the transactions you deleted (or new ones) should download.
- When prompted, you can now match the data with the correct security, and subsequent downloads will automatically match them.