If you're seeing an unexpected error when connecting to your bank using Direct Connect, you may need to update your bank connection settings.
By following the steps below, you'll disable the current connection to your bank, then recreate it using the "New Connection" button.
- Select your bank account in Moneydance
- Navigate to Online --> Setup Online Banking, at the top of your screen.
- Click the "Disable" button. If you don't see a disable button, close the setup window.
- Repeat the previous steps for any additional accounts at the same institution.
- Navigate to Online --> Setup Online Banking (again).
- Select "New Connection", choose your bank and hit OK.
- Continue with the setup process, entering your username/password
Make sure you select "New Connection", even though your bank is still one of the available connection choices after you disable it.
Selecting "New Connection" and choosing your bank again from the long list will force Moneydance to download the updated bank information, which should then allow you to connect.
If you do not select "New Connection", Moneydance cannot download the new bank connection information and the error will likely persist.
If you continue to see an error after following these steps, you can get in touch with the support team by emailing EMAIL ADDRESS or create a NEW discussion via the