If you're seeing an unexpected error when connecting to your bank using Direct Connect, you may need to update your bank connection settings.
By following the steps below, you'll disable the current connection to your bank, then recreate it to ensure you're using the most recent connection settings for your bank.
- Select your bank account in Moneydance
- Navigate to Online > Setup Online Banking, at the top of your screen.
- Click the "Disable" button. If you don't see a disable button, close the setup window.
- Repeat the previous steps for any additional accounts at the same institution.
- Navigate to Online > Setup Online Banking (again).
- If you're using Moneyance 2021 or an older version, select "New Connection".
If you're using Moneydance 2022 or a newer version, select "Connect to OFX Service".
- Then select your bank from the list (even though it may show as a previously used connection)
- Continue with the setup process, entering your username/password