Moneydance 2015 preview changelog
Below is a very detailed description of all the changes that were made in each the build of the preview releases of Moneydance 2015, which can be downloaded at http://infinitekind.com/preview. The preview releases are not the official stable release, and generally should not be downloaded unless instructed to by the support staff; use of them otherwise is at your own risk. The current stable release can be found at http://infinitekind.com/downloads.
Your current build number can be found by going to Help -> Console Window from the Moneydance menu bar, and looking at the number in parentheses on the first line ("Moneydance 2015 (1xxx)"). Most customers will not want this much technical detail. Please see our blog post for a general summary in plain English about the major changes between minor official releases of Moneydance. Please contact a member of the support staff if you have any questions.
- fix subtotaling of categories in budget report so that items aren't counted doubly.
- add flag to connection for ignoring old, unrequested transactions. fixes costco card redownload issue.
- add option to budget report to subtotal categories, and set default to off. this makes the report match the behavior of md2014.
- fix for error in budget report.
- when doing a manual backup, default to user-defined backup location (if it exists).
- add timestamp to manual backup file name.
- fix for sorting issues in transaction matching panel.
- add higher security cipher suites needed for some banks.
- fix issue with quotes and rate extension causing crashes.
- fix for reminders window when using dark theme on linux
- fix support for importing OFX files with Japanese characters
- fix drill-down references to avoid jumping into a category register
- packaging update for Mac app store upload
Build 1358 (2015.7):
- refresh budget table and summary amounts when rolling over or calculating from previous periods
- add new Entrust CA certificate
- additional checks for and handling of orphan accounts or categories
- fix how transaction filter report handles searches on reconciliation status with splits.
- account for currencies with non-base categories when calculating the summary totals in the balance table
- Fixed recent bug that caused the new budget table contents to not update when going forwards or backwards between periods
- fix NPE when removing items with a null parent account.
- fix ability to edit VAT/GST using settings window.
- improve logging of transaction import errors.
- add cert needed by MSUFCU.
- fix to issue that sometimes caused importing .md files to put accounts under the wrong root account.
- ignore resource fork files ("._" files) when reading in .txn files.
- updated Portuguese and Brazilian/Portuguese translations from Sara Borges
- sort similar payees by score before adding to match panel.
- added more security certificates
- fixed bug where number of shares wasn't updated when creating a stock split until the program was restarted.
- add certificate authorities
- Meet BB&T connection requirements (TLSv1 only, no negotiation) but use protocol negotiation for all other connections
- Improved debugging tool for https connections
- credit cards accounts can now also accept all banking data.
- fix budget list sorting in various places.
- the new budget table now no longer recalculates the actual and budgeted values for each table cell every time it is redrawn, thus saving many kilowatts worth of CPU and making the interface feel so much snappier.
- Fixed blank labels on compounding period for securities
- fix issue where CREDITLINE accounts could not be imported into internal credit card accounts.
- more user-friendly error message when there are problems loading data file.
- change reconcile window beginning balance to be a label instead of an input field, so it's obviously uneditable.
- save size/loc of pre-reconciler window.
- when auto-completing split transactions, tags from the splits are now copied to the new transaction
- fix for weirdness related to rounding/truncating of budget amounts causing strange behaviour in the budget mini-graphs
- tweaks to transaction details sidebar and preference setting
- add digicert root CA
- use the (slightly looser) default acceptable versions of SSL/TLS when connecting to banks (required for Los Alamos)
- fix calculation of mixed interval budgets based on past history. (note: the budget detail panel still doesn't automatically refresh after editing a mixed interval budget)
- remove space for "yes" string in Danish translation which made it ridiculously difficult to delete non-empty accounts or categories
- also make the code that checks for the confirmation string ignore leading or trailing whitespace
- enable type-to-complete in loan account setup for interest and escrow account choosers.
- update copyright year in a few places
- add null check to StringUtils.shortenStringIfLongerThan
- Fix the way memos are saved on splits in register. The old description was being copied into the memo incorrectly.
- We weren't reading file encodings correctly when importing OFX files. Fixed.
- sometimes debugging info wasn't showing in logs when it should have been. fixed.
- fix NPE when setting up online banking after upgrading rom pre-2015 versions of Moneydance. regression from build 1302.
- Use different Client UIDS when different user accounts connect to the same bank via OFX. This should solve the problem with connections to Chase when multiple user accounts are used in the same data file. In theory.
- include Thawte root CA
- merge localisation update
- save location of divider on confirmation panel
- transaction reminder editor now displays correctly (fix regression form build 1322).
- first pass at option to have confirmation/attachment display in main window instead of as a popup.
- fix NPE in online banking setup process.
- subtotal categories on budget report.
- fix memo display when editing split transactions.
- updated Italian translation (thanks to Livio Bertacco!)
- fix Transaction Filter report not always showing desciption correctly in two-line mode.
- Fix tags on splits in Transaction Filter report.
- Autobackups were firing twice on Macs in some circumstances. Fixed.
- submodule update (strings got off somehow)
- default backup location is now in archives folder.
- fixed issue that would sometimes cause autobackups to be saved in mysterious places.
- minor UI fixes in autobackup preferences pane.
- payee selection NPE fix. for real, this time.
- payee selection NPE fix.
- fix start balance on transactions report.
- fix highlight problem with payees in bill pay window.
- Fix auto-selection of online payee when sending payments from transaction reminders
- Extra autobackups weren't getting deleted as expected. Fixed.
- Revert printer fix.
- Possible printing fix for MacOS inability to select page layout
- More font fixes.
- Improve support for Hebrew and many Asian language fonts.
- Make sure only investment accounts show up in Investment Performance report.
- Remove Archive function, as it is broken and unnecessary.
- Fix NPE in Security Detail panel.
- Force Fifth-Third Bank connection setup process to show download-enabled bank accounts as options for online bill payment (testing)
- put the payee popup/completion widget into the proper fields when editing the other side of a transaction
- support increased refreshing of OFX service information
- Make sure backup runs when switching data sets.
- Add null check to backup location selection dialog on windows.
Build 1299 (2015.6):
- Fix autobackup regression on Windows.
- Fix currency display in budget view. Regression from 1225.
- Fix how replace correction actions are handled. Should fix duplicates issue with Schwab and BoA downloads.
- Handle situation when autobackup folder setting is somehow blank.
- Save auto-backup on file close instead of open.
- clean up alignment of backup pane options.
- Fix bug in transaction report when subtotaling with same line memos.
- Some look and feel fixes for non-Mac platforms.
- don't allow backups files to be saved within data folder.
- more sandbox fixes for backups
- add last 4 digits of payee number to name in payee selection list, if there is more than one payee with the same name.
- Let Windows and Linux users see the backup folder choice option too...
- fix bug in creating directory for auto-backups.
- add automatic backup feature
- make data set datestamp more reliable
- add menu item for restoring backups
- fix issue where txn filter report was not searching tags on both sides of a transaction.
- fix running total amount in total row on Transactions report.
- More sorting fixes for transaction filter report. Also, better comments.
- bump DEFAULT_APP_VER
- fix date sorting on transactions filter report when subtotaling by account or category.
- fixed bug in which editing the 'other side' of a transaction places the original description into the memo of the other (split) side of the transaction.
- Fixed bug in which undo-ing a change causes a duplicate of the changed transaction to appear in the register until a restart is applied
- avoid loading error when opening data files with missing data
- Change wording on encryption menu item to focus more on password setting and saving.
- change to post-initialisation data set validation, resolving a possible duplicate-base-account issue introduced by earlier preview builds
- also detect and safely resolve any problems caused by those issues
- Fix bug that caused dropbox/mobile syncing to not stop when it was disabled
- Make transaction details popup moveable.
- Update last modified date of data bundle/folder when items in the bundle change.
- Refresh attachment panel when switching transactions. Fixes #4980.
- Save size/loc of Txn Details window.
- Fix offset of total row on Txn Filter report with same line memos.
- Graph/report name selector dropdown on memorize dialog now correctly shows list of graphs or reports.
- improve splits and currency/security history re-ordering
- continue loading data, even if there was an exception in the application of an update
- no longer print out the entire list of processed txn files in debug mode
- Reduce unnecessary logging when loading currency history objects
- Add same line memos option to Transaction Filter report.
- Fix account and category subtotaling in Transaction filter report.
- Fix import of group by option on cash flow report from 2014 files.
- Add same line memo option to Transactions report.
- On all related report, make sure same line memo option is unset is show memos is unset.
- Add memo/desc same line option to detailed cash flow report.
- added memo/desc on one line option to detailed transfer report.
- Add option to show memo and description on single line in detailed i&e report.
- add Comodo intermediate CA certificate (used by E*Trade)
- add RateAdjustmentOption setting for reminders (not yet enabled in UI)
- when memorizing graphs and reports, text now matches the type.
- Fix handling of DivReinvest txns in lot matching window.
- Missing checks report now flags duplicate check numbers.
- Fix missing checks report (closes #4998).
- payment pane should now load default category correctly when you select a payee.
- unset JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS in unix launcher to workaround some linux package breaking things
- add confirmation dialog when clearing security/currency price history snapshots.
- rename "clear" button on security history window to "clear all"
- new indicator icon that a reminder is scheduled for weekly/monthly/daily/etc periods
- fixed delay in recalculating cost basis in the portfolio panel when an investment account is updated
- prevent deleted budgets from re-appearing
- more complete recovery when loading incomplete data files
- additional data integrity checks when opening a file
- more informative log message if the account hierarchy is screwy
- add safety check to ensure that we always have a root account when loading
- add unobtrusive request for rating the mac app store version
- remove all references to RC4 (outdated encryption algorithm) from https support
- updated bundled jre to 1.8.0_51
- added log message to indicate when the main (trunk) data file is read and processed
- Automatically refresh service connections older than 4 days.
- "Refresh" button now forces a service update, instead of just a profile update.
- Remove "last update" on fi info page, since it was confusing folks.
- now accepts drag-and-drop of moneydance and MoneydanceArchive data files to open
- updated fonts so that calendar titles and other text appears properly on windows 7
- tags field now gets focus properly in batch change window.
- fix error caused by recent change to totalling of income/expense interval totals using exchange rates as of the interval dates
- the category popup in investment registers will now only show the security name instead of investment-account-name:security-name
- Modify how lot matching window size/loc is saved.
- Category field now gets focus when opening batch change->category dialog.
- Income and Expenses reports subtotalled by period will now total and convert any inter-currency amounts as of the last date in the period rather than the current date.
- Added a catch in the Expenses graph for loops in the account or category hierarchies (which shouldn't happen anyway)
- save size and location of lot matching window.
- fix cost basis reported on portfolio report.
- More fixes to ROI calculation on the Investment Performance report.
- Speed up text display in console window.
- In investment account registers, the register tab is now correctly highlighted when opening the register by selecting a txn in the security detail view.
- when deleting transactions, the warning message now tells you how many txns you are about to delete.
- Fix security sorting in the account selector of various reports. Securities are now properly sorted under the parent investment account.
- fix layout problem when "too many accounts to show" label is used on the summary screen
- don't try and use helvetica [neue] for the UI on windows
- updated German localisation
- (temporarily) added balance recalculation timer logging to the console
- slight speedup (and memory reduction) to data file loading
- fix warning when deleting cleared txns. also warns if other side of txn is cleared.
- Make it possible to delete items from mixed-interval budgets.
- Update copyright year in About window.
- Fix average cost basis calculation on Capital Gains report.
- fix import window title
- fix line breaks in account set descriptions when creating a new file
- with much sadness add GoDaddy (boo) intermediate certificate because Kinecta FCU uses them for a critical part of their online banking security
- Restored (and improved) transaction highlighting when pressing the alt key while the mouse cursor is over a transaction in a bank register
- fix ROI number reported on investment performance report.
- Fix bug that was causing reminder transactions to not load address book entries properly.
- consolidate menu options. archive files can be imported using the standard import menu option.
- syncing UUID is now reset when a moneydancearchive file is imported. rest of settings left alone.
- add support for importing moneydancearchive files directly
- don't export safe/settings file in moneydancearchive files, to avoid potential syncing issues
- Fix check selection window to allow checks to be selected for printing. Also, de-uglify font in that window.
- fix bug that could cause Moneydance to not open a file if an account is somehow referenced as its own ancestor
- fix stack
- Syncing Moneydance 2015 with your Mobile Device
- Syncing Moneydance 2012 and 2014 with your Mobile Device
- Video Tutorial- How to Sync Moneydance 2011 and earlier via Dropbox with you iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch
- How to sync with Moneydance 2008, 2010, and 2011
- How do I delete a transaction on the iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch?
- View all (1 more)