I cannot get Moneydance running on Ubuntu
There have been some problems reported with the OpenJDK that now ships with Ubuntu 10.04.
Please try installing the sun jre instead.
To do this on ubuntu 10.04 open a terminal and run the following commands (note that you can paste text into a terminal using Ctrl-Shift-V)
Add partner repository using the following command
sudo add-apt-repository “deb http://archive.canonical.com/ lucid partner”
Update the source list
sudo apt-get update
Now install sun java packages using the following commands
sudo apt-get install sun-java6-jre sun-java6-plugin sun-java6-fonts
Enter the following command and when prompted set the sun jre as the default.
sudo update-alternatives --config java
- Can I set a Starting Balance for my checking/savings/etc. Account?
- Can you change the word "Check" to "Cheque" anywhere in the programme?
- Does Moneydance allow for assigning 'classes' to transactions?
- How can I add extra principal payments to a Mortgage?
- How can I edit the items that show up in the "Check#" list (i.e., , Dep, Trn, etc.) ?
- View all (42 more)
- Video Tutorial- How to Sync Moneydance 2011 and earlier via Dropbox with you iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch
- How to sync with Moneydance 2008, 2010, and 2011
- How do I delete a transaction on the iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch?
- How to sync with Moneydance 2012
- How to sync one data file with multiple iOS devices using different Dropbox accounts
- View all