What do the different types of balances mean?
When in the account register, your balance is listed in the lower right hand corner. Clicking on this box will allow you to see the following values. Some values are available only for Direct Connect Accounts.
Balance The total of all your transactions in an account register, regardless of cleared/uncleared status.
Current Balance The total of all your transactions up to and including today's date.
Cleared Balance The total of all transactions you have marked "cleared.”
Confirmed Balance The total of all transactions you have confirmed.
Unconfirmed Total The total of all transaction that are marked as unconfirmed.
Ledger Balance The balance provided by the bank. This includes all “outstanding” transactions such as deposits that are still pending clearance.
Available Balance The current available balance provided by the bank when you last imported/download transactions.
- Can I set a Starting Balance for my checking/savings/etc. Account?
- Can you change the word "Check" to "Cheque" anywhere in the programme?
- Does Moneydance allow for assigning 'classes' to transactions?
- How can I add extra principal payments to a Mortgage?
- How can I edit the items that show up in the "Check#" list (i.e., , Dep, Trn, etc.) ?
- View all (42 more)
- Video Tutorial- How to Sync Moneydance 2011 and earlier via Dropbox with you iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch
- How to sync with Moneydance 2008, 2010, and 2011
- How do I delete a transaction on the iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch?
- How to sync with Moneydance 2012
- How to sync one data file with multiple iOS devices using different Dropbox accounts
- View all