How do I create a new account?
To add, edit, or delete accounts go to the Tools menu and select Accounts.
This will open your Account structure, where you can add, edit, and delete accounts. Deleting an account or category will also delete all transactions in that account or category. You can also print your account setup from this interface.
Click New to create a new account. You'll then select the type of Account to create- bank, credit card, investment, asset, liability, or loan. For a breakdown of these account types, go here.
Next you'll enter the details of the account, including the
currency the category will be denominated in (if different from the
base currency), the default category for transactions in the
account, and the parent account if you desire.
If you ever want to close an account, return to this interface and check the "Inactive" box.
- Can I set a Starting Balance for my checking/savings/etc. Account?
- Can you change the word "Check" to "Cheque" anywhere in the programme?
- Does Moneydance allow for assigning 'classes' to transactions?
- How can I add extra principal payments to a Mortgage?
- How can I edit the items that show up in the "Check#" list (i.e., , Dep, Trn, etc.) ?
- View all (42 more)
- Video Tutorial- How to Sync Moneydance 2011 and earlier via Dropbox with you iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch
- How to sync with Moneydance 2008, 2010, and 2011
- How do I delete a transaction on the iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch?
- How to sync with Moneydance 2012
- How to sync one data file with multiple iOS devices using different Dropbox accounts
- View all