Can Moneydance automatically calculate my budget?
Yes! Moneydance can calculate a budget based on your past spending activity. Here's how to get started!
First, in the Tools menu select "Budget Manager." Select New to start a new budget.
Then give your budget a name, and click the Calculate button at the top right of the budget entry window.
The next window allows you to set the parameters for the budget you're creating. The "Effective Date" is the date you'd like the new budget to begin on. The "Date", "Start Date," and "End Date" fields refer to information you'd like Moneydance to use to calculate your budget. Setting a "Date" will automatically set the "Start Date" and "End Date" appropriately. The final field permits you to set the date interval for the budget- daily, weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, etc.
Voila! Your budget is now ready for editing. The calculated budget will include line items for all accounts and categories, so at this point you can delete the lines which you deem unnecessary by highlighting a line and clicking the - button at the bottom left of the budget window.
If you'd like to print or copy your budget to a spreadsheet program, use the buttons at the bottom of the window.
- Can I set a Starting Balance for my checking/savings/etc. Account?
- Can you change the word "Check" to "Cheque" anywhere in the programme?
- Does Moneydance allow for assigning 'classes' to transactions?
- How can I add extra principal payments to a Mortgage?
- How can I edit the items that show up in the "Check#" list (i.e., , Dep, Trn, etc.) ?
- View all (42 more)
- Video Tutorial- How to Sync Moneydance 2011 and earlier via Dropbox with you iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch
- How to sync with Moneydance 2008, 2010, and 2011
- How do I delete a transaction on the iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch?
- How to sync with Moneydance 2012
- How to sync one data file with multiple iOS devices using different Dropbox accounts
- View all