.moneydance preferences folder not created on OS X
Q: I use Mac OSX and Moneydance is not remembering my registration key or other preferences.
A: This may be because Moneydance is not able to create it's
preferences folder, which is a hidden folder called
This is often caused by you not having write permission enabled for your home folder.
To enable write permission for you home folder please do the following:
Open Finder and ctrl-click on the home icon with your user name next to it.
Select Get Info.
- At the bottom of the Get Info box there should be a 'Sharing and Permissions' section.
- For the permissions for your user name make sure it is set to read & write.
- Can I set a Starting Balance for my checking/savings/etc. Account?
- Can you change the word "Check" to "Cheque" anywhere in the programme?
- Does Moneydance allow for assigning 'classes' to transactions?
- How can I add extra principal payments to a Mortgage?
- How can I edit the items that show up in the "Check#" list (i.e., , Dep, Trn, etc.) ?
- View all (42 more)
- Video Tutorial- How to Sync Moneydance 2011 and earlier via Dropbox with you iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch
- How to sync with Moneydance 2008, 2010, and 2011
- How do I delete a transaction on the iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch?
- How to sync with Moneydance 2012
- How to sync one data file with multiple iOS devices using different Dropbox accounts
- View all