Thank you Kevin!
Yes, I did made changes recently. For some reasons Moneydance started behaving strangely, until when I opened my data and it was all blank! Luckily I had beckup enabled and I just started using that backup file (I erased my previous data file).
How can I tell Moneydance that this file is my primary data file?
Thanks a lot,
If you can’t change the syncing method then you have a secondary data set.
Support have provided a file called "md2017_convert_secondary_to_master.py" that should resolve this problem for you, see attached. Before proceeding, please back up your Moneydance data set, just in case something goes wrong. You can create a manual backup using the FILE -EXPORT BACKUP.
To use the .py file, first save it to your computer, somewhere you can easily access it like your downloads folder or your desktop. Then follow these steps:
1. In Moneydance, select Window --> Python Scripting.
2. In the window that opens, select 'Open Script' then navigate to the .py file wherever you saved it on your system.
3. Select 'Run' to execute the file.
4. Wait a few moments until you see a message on screen, confirming the script has run successfully.
5. Close and reopen Moneydance.
Click FILE - SYNCING, and you should now be able to select the required sync method.