Can't find account set

Stefano

29 Jul, 2018 12:01 PM

Hi all, I have used Moneydance for a couple of years on Ubuntu with Dropbox sync. Today I installed a new Ubuntu version and downloaded and installed the latest Moneydance deb. On the welcome screen I selected "Open other" and then "Open synced file". The connection to Dropbox was successful and I was presented a list of syncable files. As you can see in the attached screenshot, MD found 2 files, both last updated on May 26, and this is the first problem because I committed the last changes on Jul 26. Besides, a few months ago (can't remember when unfortunately but probably before May 26) I created a new account set (hopefully I am using the correct term) named Tania e Stefano 2 while the one displayed in the screenshot is named Tania and Stefano. I'm also not sure what the other file, the one with the long name, is about. I don't know what to do here and I am worried that syncing one of those two files could roll back my MD database to May 2018 or worse. Any hints?

Thanks
Stefano

1. 1 Posted by derekkent23 on 29 Jul, 2018 12:52 PM

I am not support staff, just a user.

Could it be that you should be trying to open your current data set not sync to a synced file? Use “Open others” and navigate to your data set folder. Your data set is a folder not a file containing other folders and files. The data set naming convention is yourdatasetname.moneydance.

Hope this helps

2. 2 Posted by Stefano on 29 Jul, 2018 01:09 PM

Hi Derek thanks for the feedback: I'll try it out. I realized I made a mistake in the problem description: I didn't start from "Open other" but from "Create a new account set"

3. 3 Posted by Stefano on 29 Jul, 2018 01:38 PM

Unfortunately yr suggestion doesn't apply because I have no .moneydance file: I reinstalled my PC and the old local folder is gone, but I have gone through the same process before with no issues whatsoever, last time in October 2017.

4. 4 Posted by derekkent23 on 29 Jul, 2018 01:53 PM

Were you using Moneydances manual or automatic backup to say a Dropbox folder?

5. 5 Posted by Stefano on 29 Jul, 2018 01:59 PM

Hi Derek, automatic backup. I picked the file with the long name and eveything went fine: the db is up to date. I gues the proble hereis that I dont have a good undertanding of how MD's sync works

6. 6 Posted by Stefano on 29 Jul, 2018 02:00 PM

BTW: I did that in Dropbox folder instead of connection

7. 7 Posted by derekkent23 on 29 Jul, 2018 02:13 PM

Can you check under FILE – SYNCING and see if the Sync Method is fixed.
    You may have recovered what is termed a secondary data set from which you cannot sync any new data sets. However, all the data should be correct. There is a process which can turn a secondary data set into a main data set if you need it. This will allow you to set up new syncing if you need to.

Hope this helps

8. 8 Posted by Stefano on 29 Jul, 2018 02:31 PM

The sync method is Dropbox folder. Thanks a million

9. 9 Posted by derekkent23 on 29 Jul, 2018 02:37 PM

Yes but is it fixed at Dropbox Folder. For example can you use a drop down to set it to Don't Sync?

10. 10 Posted by Stefano on 29 Jul, 2018 02:38 PM

No I can't :-(

11. 11 Posted by derekkent23 on 29 Jul, 2018 02:46 PM

Support have provided a file called "md2017_convert_secondary_to_master.py" that should resolve this problem for you, see attached. Before proceeding, please back up your Moneydance data set, just in case something goes wrong. You can create a manual backup using the FILE -EXPORT BACKUP.
    To use the .py file, first save it to your computer, somewhere you can easily access it like your downloads folder or your desktop. Then follow these steps:
    1. In Moneydance, select Window --> Python Scripting.
    2. In the window that opens, select 'Open Script' then navigate to the .py file wherever you saved it on your system.
    3. Select 'Run' to execute the file.
    4. Wait a few moments until you see a message on screen, confirming the script has run successfully.
    5. Close and reopen Moneydance.
    Click FILE - SYNCING, and you should now be able to select the required sync method.

Hope this helps

12. 12 Posted by htdzforchl1 on 09 Aug, 2018 01:27 AM

This comment was split into a new private discussion: Can't find account set

I have the same problem, can't find the account set.
    Have you tried to explore whether the Xbox one can play Blu ray disc on a computer or not? come here.[url=http://www.f2fsoft.com/blu-ray-player/xbox-blu-ray-player/ the Xbox one [/url]

13. 13 Posted by averydxf on 24 Aug, 2018 06:57 AM

read the rules carefully.
    many students ask me the way to play Blu Ray on pc, so I share it on the forum if you need it too.hope it will help you [url=http://www.f2fsoft.com/blu-ray-player/play-blu-ray-on-pc/]play Blu Ray on pc[/url]

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• Screenshot_from_2018-07-29_13-52-38.png 13 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac