hiding old/unused securities

commercialpilot01

16 Nov, 2017 12:30 AM

I am trying to finish a migration of about 25 years of Quicken data. Over those years I have at one time or another held about 80-100 individual securities. Currently the list is probably about ten. I need to hid all that old dreck so I am not constantly wasting time scrolling through lists of totally irrelevant items.

Any way? Any plans? You have a huge market of Quicken escapees being driven towards you but migration is unnecessarily and incredibly difficult and warts like the inability to hide a stock that I once held for a few days in 1992 make things worse.

1. 1 Posted by dwg on 16 Nov, 2017 01:50 AM

I know it is not possible in the current release.

2. 2 Posted by -Kevin N. on 16 Nov, 2017 02:10 AM

Hi commercialpilot01,

Something that you can try is to preface each of the old securities with a 'z'.
    e.g. zMicorsoft, zIndex Fund.

Doing so will not hide the old securities but it should relegate them to the bottom of most lists leaving your currently owned securities at the top of those lists and easier to access.

-Kevin N. (not a member of MD support)

3. 3 Posted by Christopher on 18 Nov, 2017 06:04 AM

Kevin, that’s a great idea. I’ve just edited all my unused security names with an ellipses in front (…name). Now all my active securities are handily at the top of each investment account list.

4. 4 Posted by -Kevin N. on 18 Nov, 2017 02:52 PM

Hi Christopher,

I'm glad to hear that is helped.

-Kevin N.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac