Transfer data to the your program

Norbert Stahl

06 May, 2017 03:14 AM

I’ve used quicken Intuit for well over 20 years. In 3016, it was time for an update, but I could not get it to work. The quicken technician tried for a long time and after deciding Window 10 did not like the 2016 version, installed windows deluxe 2015. It worked well for a fairly long time, but then provided completely wrong balances on my various accounts. As a result I was unable to reconcile any of my accounts. Their help technicians, who spend hours, no days, have been unable to resolve my problem and I’m ready to seek another program.

I do not use the internet for my finances.
I need to be able to transfer my data to the new program

Can you help me.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Henry on 06 May, 2017 04:57 AM

Hi Norbert,

Thank you for contacting us.
    You can find the steps for importing your Quicken data outlined in this article. You should export your Quicken data in the QIF file format and then import the QIF file into Moneydance.

Make sure you follow the steps accurately, in particular, make sure you specify to Import into a new account rather than an existing account. And you set the source to "From another program".

It is highly recommended to export all Quicken data into a single QIF file, as doing so makes the import process much smoother. Please use the option in Quicken to export "all accounts" if available.
    The one exception to this is if you have accounts in more than one currency - if thats the case, then you can follow the steps at the bottom of the article linked above, to export each account individually, and then import multiple QIF files.

Now for Offline use, you need to get OFC files (aka Quicken or MS Money files), QIF or OFX and QFX files. Any of which will import cleanly into Moneydance. You can find the steps for manually importing your data in this article.

If you haven't already, I encourage you to download our free trial version and experiment with the program. The demo version is fully functional and allows you to manually enter 100 transactions. Imported transactions are not limited, so you'll be able to fully test downloading data from your bank, and importing data from other personal finance software.

If you decide to purchase the program at a later date you can keep all your data, the license key simply unlocks the ability to manually enter more transactions. You can download the trial version of Moneydance from here.

You'll find the Moneydance 'Getting Started' knowledge base articles here which will be useful if you're using Moneydance for the first time. I'd be happy to provide guidance if you have any questions or need assistance getting setup.

Henry
    Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by norbert stahl on 06 May, 2017 01:32 PM

Dear Henry,

Thank you for your prompt response.

I have two homes (one in NYC another in VT).  The quicken is in a desktop in NYC,  I’ll be leaving for VT tomorrow and expect to be back in NYC on May 22 for about a week, to try the  Moneydance..      
    However, I must tell you, what you describe is way above my capabilities.  Please let me know, if there is someone who could, for a fee, share my PC to transfer the data and get me started.  

Thanks again,

Sincerely,

Bert [email blocked]

On ‎Saturday‎, ‎May‎ ‎06‎, ‎2017‎ ‎12‎:‎57‎:‎35‎ ‎AM‎ ‎EDT, Henry <[email blocked]> wrote:
    |

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Henry on 10 May, 2017 02:43 PM

Hi Norbert,

We can look to set up a TeamViewer session if you encounter difficulties, however we find that this is usually not necessary. I’d be happy to supply assistance via the forum so we can get everything set up and working for you.

We are a very small team and with a customer base worldwide - TeamViewer and phone support is not currently something we can offer as standard.

I’ll leave this discussion open so you can let me know if you encounter any problems while following the steps I have provided.

Henry
    Infinite Kind Support

4. 4 Posted by norbert stahl on 17 Jul, 2017 06:23 PM

Hi Henry,
    It’s been a long time since we spoke.
    I’m ready to say goodby to Quicken and switch to Moneydance.
    You said you might be able to share my PC and help me export the quicken file to Moneydance.
    Maybe the transfer would be simpler.  All my files are now on a stand alone backup file called QDF quicken file.
    I hope you can help.  I’m only in town a few days a month.  Might you be available this Thursday?
    Please email me and let me know.Thanks loads

Bert [email blocked]

On ‎Saturday‎, ‎May‎ ‎06‎, ‎2017‎ ‎12‎:‎57‎:‎35‎ ‎AM‎ ‎EDT, Henry <[email blocked]> wrote:

|

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Henry on 18 Jul, 2017 12:09 PM

Hi Norbert,

Thank you for contacting me, it's true it has been a while. I'll be available
    Tomorrow Wednesday 19th from 7AM - 2PM (GMT), Thursday 7AM - 2PM (GMT),
    Friday 7AM - 4PM (GMT).
    Please let me know when would be ideal in those time frames for you.

Henry
    Infinite Kind Support

6. 6 Posted by norbert stahl on 18 Jul, 2017 10:52 PM

Hi Henry,
    Thanks for offering your help.  Thursday starting about 11 AM eastern time would be great. Just a few questions:
    1.  My quicken opening balance is -$175,350.19 instead of $8,128.96 The quicken technicians could not change this number.  Can you change that negative number?
    2.  If you can do that, shall I have the trial software installed before you share my PC?
    3.  If you want me to install the trial program, how do I that?
    4.  I have a windows 10 version.  Should I use the 32 bit or 64 bit?
    5.  After you enabled me to balance my checkbook, I want to use the program without being connected to the internet.  Can you help me do that?Thanks,

Bert [email blocked]

On ‎Tuesday‎, ‎July‎ ‎18‎, ‎2017‎ ‎08‎:‎09‎:‎51‎ ‎AM‎ ‎EDT, Henry <[email blocked]> wrote:

|

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by Henry on 19 Jul, 2017 09:52 AM

Hi Norbert,

Regarding the time, I'm available tomorrow until 2PM GMT which is I believe 10AM ET.
    Would 9AM ET be possible for you tomorrow, as we would have more time available for the session?

If not then I would have a bigger time slot open on Friday 7AM - 4PM (GMT) or 3AM - 12AM (ET).

1. We could try changing the initial balance on the import.
    2. I would be great if you would have the software installed beforehand.
    3. You can get the latest version of Moneydance from here:
      https://infinitekind.com/downloads
    4. The 64bit version.
    5. You can use the program without being connected to the internet.

Henry
    Infinite Kind Support

8. 8 Posted by norbert stahl on 19 Jul, 2017 09:23 PM

Henry,
    I’m only at this PC one week a month and will be leaving town Friday morning. So without delaying it another month, by all means, let’s making  9:00 AM my time.Is it possible for you to phone me at 212-769-0060, please give me your number and I will call you at 9 sharp.After I send you this message, I will try to get your software.Many thanks,
    Bert [email blocked]

On ‎Wednesday‎, ‎July‎ ‎19‎, ‎2017‎ ‎05‎:‎52‎:‎16‎ ‎AM‎ ‎EDT, Henry <[email blocked]> wrote:

|

9. 9 Posted by norbert stahl on 19 Jul, 2017 09:26 PM

I'm afraid to screw up the download.Sorry

Bert [email blocked]

On ‎Wednesday‎, ‎July‎ ‎19‎, ‎2017‎ ‎05‎:‎52‎:‎16‎ ‎AM‎ ‎EDT, Henry <[email blocked]> wrote:

|

10. 10 Posted by norbert stahl on 19 Jul, 2017 09:46 PM

Hi Henry,Clearly, one hour will not be enough.  So lei's postpone our session anytime August 21 and August 23..Regards, 

Bert [email blocked]

|

11. Support Staff 11 Posted by Henry on 20 Jul, 2017 09:44 AM

Hi Norbert,

Would it be possible for you to contact me here a week before you will be available and we can agree on a time for the teamviewer session?

Henry
    Infinite Kind Support

12. 12 Posted by norbert stahl on 20 Jul, 2017 03:43 PM

Hi Henry,Will do,

Bert [email blocked]

On ‎Thursday‎, ‎July‎ ‎20‎, ‎2017‎ ‎05‎:‎44‎:‎58‎ ‎AM‎ ‎EDT, Henry <[email blocked]> wrote:

|

13. 13 Posted by norbert stahl on 08 Aug, 2017 09:59 PM

Hi Henry,
    You asked me to give you my schedule when you might be able me switch to your accounting system.

My availability time is based on NYC time which, as you know is three hours later than Pacific time.  (.It’s now 5:45PM here and 2:45PM there.)  

I could be at my PC starting at 8:00AM on the following four days:
    Sunday, August 13
    Monday, August 14
    Wednesday, August 15
    Thursday, August 16
    but not Tuesday.

Please let me know as soon as possible, which day is best for you so I can schedule my week in NYC,

Thanks loads

Bert [email blocked]

On ‎Thursday‎, ‎July‎ ‎20‎, ‎2017‎ ‎05‎:‎44‎:‎58‎ ‎AM, Henry <[email blocked]> wrote:

|

14. Support Staff 14 Posted by Henry on 10 Aug, 2017 12:30 PM

Hi Norbert,

Thank you for writing me.
    Regarding the schedule:
    Monday, August 14 between 8AM and 2PM (NYC time)
    Wednesday, August 16 between 8AM and 10AM (NYC time)
    Thursday, August 17 between 8AM and 11AM (NYC time)

From what I can see we have the most time available on Monday, August 14.
    What time between 8AM and 2PM would be the best for you?

Henry
    Infinite Kind Support

15. 15 Posted by norbert stahl on 10 Aug, 2017 05:16 PM

Monday it is.
    Please call me at 212-769-0060 at 8:00 AM to confirm.
    Looking forward.
    Thanks

Bert [email blocked]

On ‎Thursday‎, ‎August‎ ‎10‎, ‎2017‎ ‎08‎:‎30‎:‎10‎ ‎AM, Henry <[email blocked]> wrote:

|

16. 16 Posted by norbert stahl on 11 Aug, 2017 04:27 AM

Hi Henry,

On second thought, if it’s OK with you, let’s start our session at 9:00AM

Bert [email blocked]
    On ‎Thursday‎, ‎August‎ ‎10‎, ‎2017‎ ‎08‎:‎30‎:‎10‎ ‎AM, Henry <[email blocked]> wrote:

|

17. Support Staff 17 Posted by Henry on 11 Aug, 2017 08:05 AM

Hi Norbert,

I confirm that our TeamViewer session will be held on Monday, August 14 at 9:00AM.
    You will need to download the TeamViewer client from the website below:
    https://connect.teamviewer.com/v11

Once downloaded you will need to run 'TeamViewer QuickSupport' and you will be shown your ID and password. I will need those details and I will need you to keep that program window open. This way I will be able to access your computer remotely and we will have live chat available.

Henry
    Infinite Kind Support

18. 18 Posted by norbert stahl on 13 Aug, 2017 07:11 PM

Hi Henry,
    An hour ago I lost my internet and it just went back on again.. Verizon told me that my modem needed to be replaced which will arrived Wednesday or Thursday.  
    Since I have no idea, if I will have a connection tomorrow morning we need to cancel our session tomorrow and plan it for next month.  I will let you know a week before I’m back in NYC and plan another session.

Sorry

Bert [email blocked]

On ‎Friday‎, ‎August‎ ‎11‎, ‎2017‎ ‎04‎:‎05‎:‎35‎ ‎AM‎ ‎EDT, Henry <[email blocked]> wrote:

|

19. Support Staff 19 Posted by Henry on 14 Aug, 2017 01:35 PM

Hi Bert,

Thank you for notifying me.
    As you wrote, we'll agree on a date and time a week before.
    Safe traveling.

Henry
    Infinite Kind Support

20. System closed this discussion on 13 Nov, 2017 01:40 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac