Use of MoneyDance in Canada

Ron English

21 Apr, 2017 06:15 PM

I am considering purchasing MoneyDance but am uncertain whether it is even available in Canada and if so does it snyc with Canadian banks?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Henry on 22 Apr, 2017 07:40 AM

Hi Ron,

If your bank allows direct connect then you can have automatic downloads of transactions. You may need to contact your bank to enable Direct Connect access, and for your login credentials (which generally differ from those used for ATM or online banking). You can find the steps for setting this up outlined in this article.

If your bank does not support Direct Connect, you are still able to import your data into the program. The best way to get your files into Moneydance is to use a web browser to download them from your bank's web site. You can download into QFX, OFX or OFC files (aka Quicken or MS Money files), any of which will import cleanly into Moneydance. You can find the steps for manually importing your data in this article.

If you haven't already, I encourage you to download our free trial version and experiment with the program. The demo version is fully functional and allows you to manually enter 100 transactions. Imported transactions are not limited, so you'll be able to fully test downloading data from your bank, and importing data from other personal finance software.

If you decide to purchase the program at a later date you can keep all your data, the license key simply unlocks the ability to manually enter more transactions. You can download the trial version of Moneydance from here.

You'll find the Moneydance 'Getting Started' knowledge base articles here which will be useful if you're using Moneydance for the first time. I'd be happy to provide guidance if you have any questions or need assistance getting setup.

Henry
    Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by Ron English on 25 Apr, 2017 03:47 PM

What is the cost of MoneyDance.  I have seen prices of $75 but is this a one time cost or is there an annual charge as there is with some other products?

To: [email blocked]
     Sent: Saturday, April 22, 2017 3:40 AM
     Subject: Re: Use of MoneyDance in Canada [Switching to Moneydance #4449]

#yiv7359658172 pre {width:92%;margin:10px 2%;padding:5px 2%;background:#efefef;border:1px solid #d6d6d6;}#yiv7359658172 blockquote {margin-left:0;padding-left:1em;border-left:5px solid #ccc;}

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Henry on 25 Apr, 2017 04:22 PM

Hi Ron,

The cost is $49.99 one time for the current licence and for the next one to come, you can find more information here.

Henry
    Infinite Kind Support

4. 4 Posted by Ron English on 25 Apr, 2017 04:34 PM

I am not sure what you are saying - "$49.99 one time for the current license and for the next one to come" ???  How long is a license good for?  How much will I have to spend in say the next 5 years in order to use MoneyDance on our computer - I don't necessarily feel I need to most up to date version - just something that works

Sent: Tuesday, April 25, 2017 12:23 PM

#yiv6525969105 pre {width:92%;margin:10px 2%;padding:5px 2%;background:#efefef;border:1px solid #d6d6d6;}#yiv6525969105 blockquote {margin-left:0;padding-left:1em;border-left:5px solid #ccc;}

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Henry on 25 Apr, 2017 05:00 PM

Hi Ron,

It's one license per household, no matter how many computers you install it on, operating systems you use, people who use Moneydance, or data files you create.

It's a one time. payment for the version you buy, which also includes the new version.
    So if you buy Moneydance 2017, the license is also valid for Moneydance 2018.

Also we promise that we’ll never 'sunset' our software, remove functionality from older versions, or force you to upgrade.

Henry
    Infinite Kind Support

6. 6 Posted by Ron English on 25 Apr, 2017 06:16 PM

Can I order the MoneyDance software and have it shipped to me or do I need to download it?  Is the $49.99 US $$.  Can I buy it in Canada.

Sent: Tuesday, April 25, 2017 1:00 PM

#yiv1465453915 pre {width:92%;margin:10px 2%;padding:5px 2%;background:#efefef;border:1px solid #d6d6d6;}#yiv1465453915 blockquote {margin-left:0;padding-left:1em;border-left:5px solid #ccc;}

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by Henry on 26 Apr, 2017 06:55 AM

Hi Ron,

When you purchase the software from here, you receive an email with the license key.

You download the software from here

And you enter the license key by following the instructions here.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have further questions or need any assistance.

Henry
    Infinite Kind Support

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac