Quicken 2007 for Mac to Moneydance - Accounts in Dollars but Categories in Euros and Pounds Sterling

Boris Jenkins

13 Mar, 2019 10:08 PM

I've made the switch from Quicken 2007 for Mac to Moneydance and the bug I can't solve is: while my Accounts have successfully imported in the US Dollar currency they were created in, when I go to Cash Flow Reports, the Categories are for some reason all in Pounds Sterling with occasional Euro transactions in there for good measure. All of my Quicken files were in US Dollars.

Where has this gone wrong? I can't manually change the currency of my Categories, which would have been the easy fix. Is there a workaround/fix?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1. 1 Posted by derekkent23 on 14 Mar, 2019 08:32 AM

I am not support staff, just a user.

I could help support or others to help you if you post what you see if you click TOOLS – CURRENCIES. BASE CURRENCY:?

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Sean Reilly on 14 Mar, 2019 08:52 AM

Hi Boris,
    Could you also let us know what locale/language is set in the Moneydance preferences window?

Thanks,

3. 3 Posted by Boris Jenkins on 15 Mar, 2019 04:23 PM

Base Currency is Dollars.

Locale is English (United States).

4. 4 Posted by Boris Jenkins on 15 Mar, 2019 04:27 PM

i may have figured this out. My first attempt at an import from my Quicken .qif file did not work well. The figures were a jumbled. So I tried a second time by deleting the accounts and importing again into the same file, but I suspect that the Categories were not deleted from the first corrupted import, so they lingered in their incorrect format for future imports.

When I started all over again with a fresh, new File and imported the very same .qif, the categories came over as USD (the correct currency).

Thanks for attempts to help.

5. 5 Posted by derekkent23 on 15 Mar, 2019 04:58 PM

I am not support staff, just a user.

Glad you figured out what went wrong.
    Hope things work out from now on.

Have Fun.

6. 6 Posted by dwg on 15 Mar, 2019 08:54 PM

I'm a fellow user.

That makes sense. Once a category has been created in a certain currency it stays that way, just emptying it of transactions does not allow the currency to be changed, it has to be done specifically.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac