associate bank transfer transactions after import of 2 accounts.

Marc

16 Jan, 2019 01:38 PM

Hello,

I am new using MoneyDance. I have imported two different accounts from different banks (as QIF format).
I have transfer between accounts resulting from the import. So I have:
- in account A a transaction T1 at date D with a payment of 1000 for example
- in account B a transaction T2 at date D+2 (time to process the transfer) with a deposit of 1000

How can I specify, once data are imported, that T1 is the counterpart of T2 ? If I set the T1 category with B account, it creates a new transaction in B, with no way to merge it with T2.

thanks
Marc

1. 1 Posted by mhoggie on 16 Jan, 2019 03:29 PM

just a user,

No easy solution unless you just leave as is.
    It's a manual process of using the batch change feature in the register, changing the category to reflect the other account, then deleting the duplicates in the other account.

2. 2 Posted by dwg on 16 Jan, 2019 08:07 PM

I'm a fellow user.

I'm assuming two independent QIF files that are for the same data range and ontain the complete data you want

The time to address this is during the Import. Firstly import Account A, I would normally do the account withe the most transactions first.

Go to the Moneydance register for account B, you will see the transfers in the account. Select all transactions and delete them. This will temporarily stuff up Account A as well.

Now import Account B. This should add all transactions for Account B plus also reinstate the transfers in both accounts.

3. 3 Posted by Marc Journeux on 17 Jan, 2019 01:12 PM

Thanks for the info.

Marc

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac