Off Line

Greg Maschak

11 Jan, 2019 07:18 PM

Hello,

I am currently a user of Quicken where I use it strictly at home, on one PC. I am moving away from that product because Quicken now demands an annual subscription fee if you want to use their latest edition of the software and that it is now also cloud based where your data sits on their cloud.

After reading a review of your product here: https://clubthrifty.com/best-quicken-alternatives/, I now have a just a few questions:

1) This is a one time purchase of $49.99, not a annual renewal subscription?
2) With the Quicken program, I was upgrading about once every 3 years. Can I do this with your product as well?
3) The review states that Quicken data will import into your product, is this true? Will the categories import as well?
4) I have Quicken Home and Business. With this product, it gave me the ability to simple Invoicing also. Does your product do this as well?
5) Do I have the ability of declining to put my data out into your cloud when I install your program? I want to keep my data on my ONE PC only. I have no need or desire to see or work with any of this financial data on my phone outside of my home.

Thank you for your time,

Greg Maschak
[email blocked]

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Ethan on 11 Jan, 2019 07:38 PM

Hello,

1&2: For non-business use, our licensing policy allows you to install the version of Moneydance you have purchased on as many computers as you need in your household, regardless of operating system. A purchase of Moneydance means you can use that version of the program for as long as you want. Future updates to that version of the program are free, and you can typically upgrade to the next major version at no additional cost. Upgrading beyond that would require the purchase of a half-priced upgrade key. Again, you do not have to upgrade if your current version works for you.

Please note that this licensing policy only applies to purchases of Moneydance made directly from our website. Other third-party sites, such as the Mac App Store or Amazon.com, typically have much more restrictive licensing policies than ours, and you will be bound by the one from whatever site you purchase Moneydance.

3: You can find detailed instructions on importing from Quicken at http://help.infinitekind.com/kb/importing-data-from-other-programs/...

4: Moneydance is designed for personal financial management, not businesses. It does not have business functions like invoicing. Some small businesses use Moneydance to track their general expenses and accounts, akin to how one would track household spending.

5: We do not have a 'cloud' in which we store any customer financial data. We have no intention of creating one. Moneydance saves your main data file on your local computer. You do not need to activate syncing if you don't want to access your data on a phone or another computer.

I encourage you to download our free trial version from http://infinitekind.com/downloads and experiment with the program before you decide if you would like to purchase it. The demo version is fully functional and allows you to manually enter 100 transactions. Imported transactions are not limited, so you'll be able to fully test things like importing from other programs and connections with your bank. If you decide to purchase the program at a later date you can keep all your data, the license key simply unlocks the ability to manually enter more transactions.

Ethan
    Moneydance Support

2. Ethan closed this discussion on 11 Jan, 2019 07:38 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac