Merging securities 2019

brett

14 Jan, 2019 04:52 AM

I hope Moneydance 2019 will include a feature for merging securities under investment accounts. This has been requested in several past (closed) forum threads, but I didn't see any real resolution other than revising transactions with the "unwanted" name.

Alternatively, securities could be cross-referenced so that Moneydance knows they are the same thing, for example if a security was renamed in 2017.

I see "duplicate" securities from time to time. Currently my file includes several money market securities that I just regard as cash so I'd prefer if they just displayed as the same thing. Also I've seen securities renamed on the broker's side, and when I downloaded the transactions it showed up as a no-cost sale and purchase. And sometimes a security just stops getting recognized for some reason. When it's downloaded I have occasionally seen a message like "What existing security is J64385?" but there wasn't any context so I couldn't answer.

Thanks!

1. 1 Posted by dwg on 14 Jan, 2019 05:24 AM

I'm a fellow user.

There are no changes to investment capabilities in Moneydance 2019.

2. 2 Posted by cookie87 on 01 Feb, 2019 04:00 AM

Beyond frustrating. Your customers have asked for this functionality for YEARS. What gives?

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac