Reconciliation Reporting

John Lennox

12 Aug, 2017 03:52 AM

I serve as an auditor of churches throughout Eastern North Carolina (USA). There are several small churches that use QuickBooks for financial management. In most cases, it’s a little like driving an 18-wheeler to the grocery store. QuickBooks may be fine for small businesses with Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Payroll. But it has too many features that are not needed by a small church that can almost track their finances in the register of a checkbook.

One feature that's missing is the ability to generate a monthly Reconciliation Report. I've seen this in numerous MoneyDance forums, but the feature still hasn't been implemented. This seems to be a simple request. All of the information is already available in the reconciliation process, but there's not a feature that allows the user to print a report showing bank balance, register balance, open checks and deposits. The brute force way is to maximize the screen and print a screenshot. Another alternative is to perform an Advanced Search of uncleared transactions, but that view only lists checks and deposits, without the bank balance and register balance.

One forum indicated that the feature was in MD 14, but was removed in subsequent releases. Enough said.... please make something available to address this functionality.

Thanks,

John

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Ian O on 12 Aug, 2017 09:30 AM

Hi John,

Thanks for the suggestion for improving Moneydance! There's an existing ticket in our system with your suggestion, so I've attached it to this discussion and the developers will be looking into it. We'll notify you of any updates within the thread.

Sorry for an inconvenience; please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Ian O
    Infinite Kind Support

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac