Importing data from Quicken 2019

dan

08 Jan, 2019 05:32 PM

I was just reading the KB article update about importing data from Quicken and how Quicken 2019 no longer supports export of data in the .QIF format (http://help.infinitekind.com/kb/importing-data-from-other-programs/importing-from-quicken-2019).

I use Quicken 2019 Premier for Windows (current version R17.6, release 27.1.17.6), and "shadow" all of my accounts/transactions in Moneydance (hoping that Moneydance will eventually include more of Quicken's features/functionality). Anyway, my Quicken installation has the capability to export individual accounts or "all accounts" into a QIF file and I actually did that today (although I did not attempt an import into Moneydance).

Maybe Quicken will push out an update that will remove this for me as well... but at this moment it still works. Could it be significant that I'm using the Premier version, and/or that I updated from Quicken 2017 rather than performing a fresh Q2019 installation?

Dan

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Ethan on 08 Jan, 2019 05:41 PM

Hi Dan,

That's interesting, thanks for the information. We've definitely seen this function removed from several Quicken users' installations of Quicken 2019, so I'm not sure why you have this function still. It could be the Premier version; I don't recall offhand anyone else using that who has reported in so far Their website help pages still describe the process for exporting to a QIF (https://www.quicken.com/support/how-do-i-export-data-quicken), but this doesn't seem to exist anymore for most.

Ethan
    Moneydance Support

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac