Please Note: We've moved Moneydance and SyncSpace's support to a new location. Please join us for support and discussion at infinitekind.zendesk.com.

Chase Online Setup

cdtn2008

29 Nov, 2011 04:39 PM

I am new to MD. Have easily done offline setups, but still unsuccessful with the online connection.
Using a MacBook with MD 2011r2 (803).
Bank is Chase.

Followed MD User Guide instructions to setup online account banking. No problems noted, but confusion on 1 point.
The second window in the process (Online Banking Setup) asks for a User ID, whereas a later screen asks for a Customer ID. I am assuming these are the same. Can someone confirm?

On the second screen, where prompted for User ID, there is a check box to bypass establishing a new password. Having read the instructions, I believe it is correct for me to check this box. We have been using online banking for several years now, so I believe we are past the point of a bank forced, first access password change.

As stated, the setup appears to take place without problems; but attempting to download transactions for the account returns the message, "The given customer ID or PIN is not valid." It continues by directing me to the bank for help.

I have checked with Chase and as mentioned they claim not to support MoneyDance access. More correctly, they know nothing about it. I have followed advise from forums in talking with Chase. I have direct access setup. They have confirmed that for their systems the user ID and password are the same as those used to access bank account via the web.

I have successfully logged onto my bank account via the web and have access.

The Chase rep confirmed that the website address is www.chase.com. However, I see that the MD software automatically configures for web address www.chasebank.com. Don't see how I can change this. Could this be the problem?

There are several J.P. Morgan institutions listed. I have attempted some of the others to see if the correct banking web site is assigned. They are all clearly something else and it does appear the correct choice for personal banking is J.P. Morgan Chase Bank. I am not in Texas.

I see that others are successfully downloading their data from Chase, so I must be missing something here. Chase instructions were to download data from website for each account individually and import. This process does work for the 1 account I tried. However, I would like to directly download into MD all accounts and save myself a considerable amount of hoop jumping.

I attempted to open a similar discussion yesterday afternoon (28 Nov), but have yet to see it post, so I am assuming it has failed. Apologies if not.
Allen

1. 1 Posted by james f on 30 Nov, 2011 01:27 AM

User ID and Customer ID are one in the same.

You do not want to choose any of the J.P. Morgan listings.

You want to choose the listing just titled Chase.

2. 2 Posted by cdtn2008 on 30 Nov, 2011 02:21 AM

Thanks James. Had to be something simple. Changing the bank was the problem.

ALW

3. Jessica Little closed this discussion on 30 Nov, 2011 02:48 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac