Please Note: We've moved Moneydance and SyncSpace's support to a new location. Please join us for support and discussion at infinitekind.zendesk.com.

Moneydance sync with dropbox

chris duzynski

10 Mar, 2010 02:00 PM

Hi:
I have Moneydance on a Mac running Snowleopard. My spouse "will have" Moneydance on a Vista-based PC.
IF we have our database reside in "Dropbox, will any updating either of us do in our version of MD, automatically update for the other user (Because the DB is residing in Dropbox?).

OT, what is the status of MD for the iPhone?

Thanks

1. 1 Posted by jstackmk on 10 Mar, 2010 04:56 PM

I use MD with Dropbox for my desktop and laptop. I don't have any problems. You just must make sure you both aren't trying to use MD at the same time. This could be problematic for you and your spouse unless you contact each other each time you are going to use MD. Dropbox will create a duplicate file so you will know if this occurs.

Think of it as electronically passing around a USB stick with your MD file on it. Only one person can have it at a time.
    It's not an elegant solution but it can work.

Jim

2. 2 Posted by Harry on 10 Mar, 2010 05:26 PM

If you do this, you should get into the habit of opening MD by clicking on the data file. That way you are forced to look at your drop box folder. If you see a moneydance file with the extension .md^ you know your spouse is using the program because this is the temp file. Once they exit the program, this file disappears. So if there is no .md^ it is safe to open MD.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Ben Spencer on 10 Mar, 2010 05:58 PM

The iphone app was approved for export by the US gov yesterday. We will now submit it to the apple app store. Approval from apple is a process that takes an unspecified amount of time.

Ben

4. 4 Posted by Chris on 10 Mar, 2010 07:00 PM

Appreciate the quick replies regarding DropBox, and I'm looking forward to the iPhone app. The best of luck in the approval process :)

5. Ben Spencer closed this discussion on 10 Mar, 2010 07:31 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac