Please Note: We've moved Moneydance and SyncSpace's support to a new location. Please join us for support and discussion at infinitekind.zendesk.com.

New to MoneyDance and downloading from my Bank

cmalbertosub

03 Mar, 2010 02:20 AM

I am slightly confused on the verbage of CLEARING vs. RECONCILING. I am running an unlicensed(Trial Mode) version build 735(Mac). I have been reading some of the support documents and the discussion about the yellow diamond seems to be opposite of the behavior that I am experiencing. First of my downloading from my bank does not automatically clear my entries; regardless of whether they are new entries are merged entries into existing entries. Not sure if that is a bug or a feature not implemented yet. Can some explain.

And then also I manually attempt to clear, I get a GREEN CHECK MARK(which appears that this means reconciled) where as the RECONCILE is the gold diamond. I have been marking everything with a gold diamond but really confused as the verbiage says reconcile and as I understand the term, reconciling is something that is performed at month end when your paper statement is received. What gives here? My understanding or maybe a bug?

Really good product. I am definitely buying this and foregoing Quicken Essentials that just came out. Thanks in advance.

--Mickey

1. Support Staff 2 Posted by Jon Hoover on 03 Mar, 2010 09:56 PM

Mickey,
    If you are not using the most recent version (2010r2 build 743), please update to that version. You can download the update here. This update has resolved a few key issues, including much of those involving our transaction matching interface, that our users have been experiencing. Please let me know if your issue persists and we will look into other solutions. Jon Hoover
    Moneydance Support

2. 3 Posted by cmalbertosub on 05 Mar, 2010 02:46 AM

This version is cleaner for MERGING transactions however, the HOMEPAGE screen is not formatted correctly. I basically have a full screen 1440x900 MD window and the summary page(home page) has a scroller bar at the bottom. Even with the SIDEBAR turned off, the screen still has a scroller bar with the right most side is way off the end of the window. Thus I have to scroll to the right to see the calendar , reminders etc...

Any thoughts on this - really annoying - thanks in advance.

--Mickey

3. 4 Posted by cmalbertosub on 05 Mar, 2010 02:49 AM

Ahhh.,. A quick update - it appears that I have a STOCK listed with a very long description, thus it is causing MD to format to the pane to the length of the text as opposed to allowing the window to resize based on windows max size and truncating the text.

If I figure out how to delete the stock listing, I suspect that will fix the size problem.

--Mickey

4. Support Staff 5 Posted by Jon Hoover on 05 Mar, 2010 03:15 PM

Mickey,
    We're you able to figure out how to edit the description? If not, I could walk you through it but just to be sure I know exactly what I am talking are you referring to the description memo in the securities register?
    Jon Hoover, Moneydance Support

5. 6 Posted by cmalbertosub on 05 Mar, 2010 11:57 PM

Oh yes - It was deleted - I guess I could have tried to change the description and make it shorter but I ended up didn't want it anyways. I had already deleted the Investment account and the securities on the Home Page were left over.

BTW...is there a way to hide the PAYMENT options on the ONLINE tab. I think this may have lead to my out if sync Bill Pay issues at my bank. They mentioned in passing that those don't work well with my bank - I was thinking that trying it may have been the root cause of my problems. Therefore, if and when the bank fixes I don't ever want to try that again.

Thanks - Mickey

6. Support Staff 7 Posted by Jon Hoover on 11 Mar, 2010 08:57 PM

Hi Mickey,
    Sorry to be a bit slow in getting back to you. Unfortunately, there is not a way right now to hide the options.
    Jon Hoover, Moneydance Support

7. Angie Rauscher closed this discussion on 24 Jul, 2011 07:37 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac