Imported transactions credit/debit reversal

nick

15 Mar, 2019 03:32 PM

On one credit card I use the imported (.qif) transactions are reversed, ie. credits are listed as debits and vice versa. I can simply re-enter the amounts manually, but this is a pain in the neck if there is a lot to do. I've just upgraded to Moneydance 2019 and was hoping that there would be an option on import to switch these as they are imported. I've been reading the blog from the latest 2017 version that I decided to bypass (I was on 2017.8) and looked as though odd files were being addressed.

Banks often seem to provide all sorts of different ways of making downloads available. Another credit card that I use will only allow a .csv file, but I've worked out how to do this with the text importer. This too is fiddly as the dates are not in a standard format and are not recognised, so I have to edit them in Excel first. I also have to make the debits negative and credits positive. However, a using a .csv file is less painful than some of these bizarre .qif files. I suppose I could edit the .qif file in a text editor first but it would be so much easier if Moneydance could do for me!

Any thoughts?

1. 1 Posted by -Kevin N. on 15 Mar, 2019 03:50 PM

Hi Nick,

For the CSV import, take a look at the free, third-party CSV Importer designed specifically for Moneydance.

From your description of the steps currently needed to import a CSV file using the Text Importer, the CSV Import should result in a much easier process.

Here is a link to the developer's website. There is a 'How to use it' link at the bottom of the page.
    https://github.com/stant/mdcsvimporter2015/releases

The importer works with MD 2015 and up.

If you need help with it let me know and I'll try to lend a hand.

-Kevin N. (not a member of MD support)

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac