Database Not Saving Transactions

cliffapril

14 Mar, 2019 12:06 AM

Infinite Kind,

I place transactions directly into the program and I can see them and the balance is affected; I then close the program and re-open the program and the transactions are not present.

I have place the transaction into the application and opened the computer program and the sync happens, the transactions are present but again after I close and re-open the program the transactions are no longer present.

Thoughts?

Cliff

1. 1 Posted by derekkent23 on 14 Mar, 2019 08:07 AM

I am not support staff, just a user.

I could help support or others to help you if you post more detail.
    What version and build of Moneydance are you running e.g. 2019.2(1860).
    What is your computer operating system.
    Can you confirm your data set is located in the default location on your hard drive, see under HELP – SHOW DOCUMENT FOLDER.
    It sounds like you are using Moneydances internal sync engine, what syncing method are you using and what are you syncing to?
    It could also help if you posted Moneydances errlog.txt file.

2. 2 Posted by cliffapril on 15 Mar, 2019 11:13 PM

Thank you and I should have known better. So the syncing is through dropbox to IPhones and the OS is MAC on the CPU. I was able to confirm the data location.
      So when I finally found how to check for updates in MoneyDance I released how far behind I was on them and installed the the most recent release. This has resolved the problem, for now.
      However I am receiving some additional errors and would like to know how to find the errlog.txt file, please.

3. 3 Posted by dwg on 16 Mar, 2019 12:49 AM

I'm a fellow user.

The error log is located at:

If you're using Mac OS, it should be located at one of these locations within your Home folder:

~/Library/Containers/com.infinitekind.MoneydanceOSX/Data/Library/Application Support/Moneydance/errlog.txt

or:

~/Library/Application Support/Moneydance/errlog.txt

If you have any trouble finding your Home Library folder, open Finder and select Go -> Go to Folder and copy and paste in the following:

~/Library

This should pull up your local Library folder.

If you're using Windows, it should be located under your login directory at:

C:\Users\(yourusername)\.moneydance\errlog.txt

or

C:\Documents and Settings\(yourusername)\.moneydance\errlog.txt

Depending on your version of Windows

If you're using Linux it should be located in your home folder at:
    ~/.moneydance/errlog.txt

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac