Exporting a backup

edwardoc

20 Feb, 2019 07:22 PM

My computer (MacBook Pro) is having serious problems and I need to transfer my Moneydance file to a thumb drive for now to put on MacBook Air'

I am unable to export the file. Every time I select Export Backup Moneydance quits on its own with no export. Running Version 2017.2 1597. Mac running High Sierra 10.13.6. Unable to upgrade the OS as Mac is too old.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Ethan on 21 Feb, 2019 12:55 AM

Can you try copying over your data file itself? It's likely in the default save location, which can be quickly accessed by going to Help -> Show Documents Folder from the Moneydance menu bar. After copying your file over and placing it where you want to store it on your other computer, use the open other option from the Moneydance welcome screen or the menu bar (File -> Open -> Open Other) to select your yourfilename.moneydance data set.

Ethan
    Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by dwg on 21 Feb, 2019 02:09 AM

I'm a fellow user.

Just to add to what Ethan has said the reason for your crash is the version of Moneydance you are using is not compatible with High Sierra, the crash is a known issue.

As Ethan has described copying the data set over should work just fine,.

3. 3 Posted by sth on 21 Feb, 2019 04:01 AM

To add to dwg. When re-opening the file update the application to MD 2017.10 and the crash will not happen.

4. 4 Posted by edwardoc on 23 Feb, 2019 12:30 AM

Copied the file as advised and it worked as advertised. Have since updated to 2019

5. edwardoc closed this discussion on 23 Feb, 2019 12:31 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac