1856 has weird colourscheme

Raffy1

16 Feb, 2019 07:10 AM

Subject says it.
Something has been changed to the colourscheme of the Summary screen and it doesn’t look good.
Is this going to change this way or bug?

1. 1 Posted by dwg on 16 Feb, 2019 07:41 AM

I'm a fellow user.

The basic colour scheme is set by which theme you have chosen, with you also able to customize it. Have you tried different themes under File --> Preferences on the General tab

2. 2 Posted by jeff_l on 16 Feb, 2019 10:01 AM

You don’t say what Computer Operating system you are running, but at a guess I would say you are using MacOS Mojave?

It sounds like you are running Mojave in Dark Mode. If the above is correct Moneydance automatically selects its own Dark Mode Theme, to match the OS.

The above instructions from dwg will enable you to return to your preferred scheme.

Or just maybe you’re going to tell me your running Windows !!!

Jeff – Fellow User

3. 3 Posted by Raffy1 on 16 Feb, 2019 10:35 AM

Sorry about that but I am running MD on High Sierra.
    I didn’t change anything to the colourscheme and going back to 1855, brought things back to the usual.

4. 4 Posted by jeff_l on 16 Feb, 2019 10:57 AM

Thanks for reporting back....

That's very odd as I am running 1856 on two MacBooks, one with High Sierra the other Mojave. I'm not seeing anything odd as you describe, a screen shot would have been useful.

Perhaps you have found a bug, but I can't replicate it. 1856 is a Preview/Beta version so hopefully the developers will look into the issue you have raised.

Jeff

5. 5 Posted by TonyRI on 16 Feb, 2019 11:30 AM

Hi all,

It had to do with the merge choice color scheme in the default view. Here is a summary. I don't think that the faded text issue has been fully resolved:

http://help.infinitekind.com/discussions/problems/51542-transaction...

EDIT: Sorry... lol, it's early in the morning and I thought that the OP was referring to the 1856 changelog. I'll go back to sleep now Zzzzz

6. 6 Posted by Raffy1 on 19 Feb, 2019 07:24 PM

1857 still shows the same weird colourscheme. And I mean the coloursettings on the Summary screen for the budgetgraphics. I keep that on “This month” and it used to be the same colours as those in the Expenses graphic.
    Now it's Dark blue, Dark purple, Black, etc.
    Changing the colour with the small window also does not work and I can’t get the window to disappear.
    How to tackle this all?

7. 7 Posted by Raffy1 on 19 Feb, 2019 07:35 PM

First screenshot is 1855, second is 1856, without me changing anything!

8. 8 Posted by jeff_l on 19 Feb, 2019 07:59 PM

Ah, see what you mean now you’ve provided a screen shot.

Mine is the same, this is intended behaviour, see note from build 1856
    https://infinitekind.com/previewdl/current/changelog.txt

• all budget progress bars now use colors from the current theme

The colours change with a change in Theme, try Dark Mode to see this in action.

Jeff- Fellow User

9. 9 Posted by jeff_l on 19 Feb, 2019 09:02 PM

Thought I would let you know that I've checked on the developers Slack website & the issue with colours & legibility with Budget Bars has been reported already. I think you have to keep in mind that you are using Preview/Beta builds of the program.

In hind sight I think the original colours were preferable & hopefully these will be reinstated.

Jeff

10. 10 Posted by Raffy1 on 19 Feb, 2019 09:33 PM

Thanks for your information.
    Yes, I know that a beta user can run into these problems, but it’s the duty of a beta user to report issues when encountered. And I expect the development staff to give feedback on that.
    I’ll check Slack myself more often on that.
    Thanks again.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac