Opening MD file in new version

Chris Murray

12 Feb, 2019 06:56 PM

Upgraded to latest MD version from 2011 (r2). Open MD file I've used regularly for years and oops, no reminders on the register or under Tools/Reminders. Have about 50 in the old version. Tried opening a back up from the old version, but no go. Tried an export/import from the old to new version, but no go. Saw in discussion that Quicken reminders wouldn't transfer over, but come on, between versions of the same software? At this point, if the old version is working okay, the upgrade less less than worthless.

1. 1 Posted by -Kevin N. on 12 Feb, 2019 07:23 PM

Hi Chris,

Upgrading from MD 2011 to MD 2019 is a pretty large leap. But, I agree that there should still be no loss of data in doing so.

Something that you could try is to incrementally upgrade through the various versions.
    The older versions are available in demo mode so that you can upgrade through each one.
    Install > Upgrade > check the data > Uninstall > Install the next version > Upgrade > repeat.
    You can d/l the older versions here:
    http://infinitekind.com/previous-versions-of-moneydance

Make sure to keep your original MD 2011 data file safe and secured. Use a copy to go through the incremental upgrades.

-Kevin N. (not a member of MD support)

2. 2 Posted by Murray Chris on 12 Feb, 2019 11:50 PM

It may have been that I chose Convert/Import. Worked when I simply chose Convert.
    Chris

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac