Tags in split transactions not showing up in reports

Joe

23 Jan, 2019 03:54 PM

Hello,
As I continue to evaluate MD, I have noticed that any splits inside a split transaction that has a tag assigned to it does not show up in reports that are filtered for that tag. First noticed in the Tag summary report, but in trying to track down the issue I also see it in the Transaction filter report.

I have not determined if this is an artifact of the import from quicken or not.

I wanted to check if anyone else has seen this issue.

Regards

1. 1 Posted by mhoggie on 24 Jan, 2019 02:15 AM

just a user,

I've not been able to find a good use for tags and found similar discrepancy's in the reports. I think the best solution is to create more sub categories to allow better tracking. I don't thing the "tag" feature has really had much support.

2. 2 Posted by zxkivyx75em8 on 24 Jan, 2019 02:37 PM

Thanks for the reply mhoggie.  I use tags quite a bit for ear marking funds for various things.  It is unfortunate moneydance has this little bug.  I will look at the sub categories to see if I can make it work, but if I switch to moneydance it might be easier for me to not use split transactions for those that I need tags on.  

To: [email blocked]
     Sent: Wednesday, January 23, 2019 9:16 PM
     Subject: Re: Tags in split transactions not showing up in reports [Problems #50569]

#yiv7709192595 pre {width:92%;margin:10px 2%;padding:5px 2%;background:#efefef;border:1px solid #d6d6d6;}#yiv7709192595 blockquote {margin-left:0;padding-left:1em;border-left:5px solid #ccc;} Preview: // Please reply above this line =============================
     This email is forwarded from a MASKED EMAIL you created using Blur.
     IF THIS IS SPAM, CLICK HERE TO BLOCK.

Want to shop safely and privately online? Get Blur Premium.

3. 3 Posted by troy.tudor on 26 Jan, 2019 09:42 AM

What version of MD are you using. I'm using 2017.10 and use tags extensively on income and expense categories without any reporting issues

4. 4 Posted by Joe on 28 Jan, 2019 04:31 PM

Hello troy.tudor,
    Thank you for the reply.

I am using 2017.10 also.

Glad it is working for someone using it a lot. I will keep looking for something that occurred in the import from Quicken.

I will update when I find the culprit.

Regards

5. 5 Posted by Joe on 11 Feb, 2019 05:24 PM

OK, after looking at this I believe it is the way tags are implemented and not an issue with split transactions at all. I have seen other discussions about this. Basically to get what I want, I need to initiate the transaction from the account I want to track.

I am also going to look at the sub category way to see if that might work better for me.

Thanks to those who responded.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac