category changes randomly

jonny

22 Jan, 2019 02:35 PM

Hello

I seem to have a bug, it was happening after the last update of last year and in the 2019 version. After I enter the category and then confirm the entry, the category changes to something random and I have to change it back. Is this a general bug? I'm on a MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012), 2.9 GHz Intel Core i7, running high sierra 10.13.6.

Thanks

Jonny

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Ethan on 23 Jan, 2019 12:12 AM

Hello Jonny,

Can you clarify where you are entering the category? If you are entering it on the transaction itself (as opposed to the field next to the confirm button), you will then have to press enter or click to another transaction to save the change before confirming. If you make the change in the category field of the transaction but click confirm before saving the change, your selection will not be saved.

If that's not what you're referring to, could you describe what you are clicking on in a bit more detail, perhaps with screenshots? If you're not sure how to take a screenshot, please see http://take-a-screenshot.org/

Ethan
    Moneydance Support

2. 2 Posted by sth on 24 Jan, 2019 02:15 AM

Are you changing the category in the register or the confirmation box? It makes a difference.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac