No accounts are visible after import of Quicken qif file

John Erickson

21 Jan, 2019 05:45 PM

Just purchased and downloaded Moneydance 2019. At the welcome screen selected the option to import qif file. Read the file and a box opened to choose date and decimal preferences. Selected import. After one or two minutes, the Main screen opened, with the name of the gif file at the top of left hand side, but no accounts are visible. Next, selected File > Import, and selected same qif file for import. Same result; no accounts visible. Suggestions?

1. 1 Posted by John Erickson on 21 Jan, 2019 05:47 PM

I've been using Quicken 2007 for Mac.

2. 2 Posted by derekkent23 on 21 Jan, 2019 07:18 PM

I am not support staff, just a user.

There is a problem with importing QIF files from Quicken in the just released 2019.
    Don't know how long it will take them to fix.
    Fastest route out of problem is to uninstall 2019 and install 2017 from https://infinitekind.com/download_2017
    Run 2017 in trial mode, don't enter key.

Then follow this procedure http://help.infinitekind.com/kb/importing-data-from-other-programs/...

When you follow the steps in the article above make sure you follow the steps accurately, in particular, make sure you specify to Import into a new account rather than an existing account. Also make sure you set the source to "From another program".
    It is highly recommended to export all data into a single QIF file, as doing so makes the import process much smoother. Please use the option in Quicken to export "all accounts" if available.
    Quicken does not always export the initial balance for each account. After importing into Moneydance, highlight an account, click on ACCOUNT – EDIT ACCOUNT and set an “Initial Balance”. Do this for each account.

When you are happy install 2019 again.

Hope this helps

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Ethan on 21 Jan, 2019 07:56 PM

Hello,

As an alternative, we've also made changes to Moneydance 2019 that address many of the import issues in the initial release, if you want to give that a try. They are in build 1850, available at http://infinitekind.com/preview

Ethan
    Infinite Kind Support

4. 4 Posted by derekkent23 on 21 Jan, 2019 08:16 PM

Hi Ethan

2019.1(1850) has a rev note “Fixed QIF import to allow selection of destination accounts for MS Money-generated files and could therefore cause imported transactions to be hidden”.

This rev was in response to me sending Sean a DM on the slack site. The DM contained a QIF file exported from MS Money with an explanation of what was going wrong on import. MS Money only exports one account at a time. Do you fell build 1850 compared to 1847 has fixed the issues other users are finding on trying to import a Quicken QIF containing multiple accounts?

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Ethan on 21 Jan, 2019 08:27 PM

Hmm, my understanding was that Quicken QIFs were now working on our test systems with that build, but with your comment, maybe I misunderstood. I'll check in about that.

Ethan
    Infinite Kind Support

6. 6 Posted by derekkent23 on 21 Jan, 2019 09:08 PM

Thanks Ethan, will be interesting to know if Quicken can now be imported successfully using 2019.1(1850)

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac