moneydance freezing when entering or editing transactions

nailhac

20 Jan, 2019 11:27 AM

Am using version 2017.10 (1706) on new windows 10 home edition 64 bit pc (8gb ram)and on several occasions the prog has frozen when entering / editing transactions (including the kerchunk speaker sound) I go to task manager and close down. When i reboot all items have been saved OK but sound not working (appropriate check box ticked for sound). This is a new PC and never experienced this problem with old pc running same version on win 10 pro 64 bit. Not particulary worried about the sound but freezing is quite serious.
Do you require a log file to determine the problem, if so where is this file located.

1. 1 Posted by derekkent23 on 20 Jan, 2019 12:36 PM

I am not support staff, just a user.

The only time users have reported an apparent freezing of Moneydance is if an action results in the opening of a window, but the window is opening off screen. Moneydance appear to freeze as it is waiting for the user to say, click OK on this off-screen window.
    On freezing try Alt + Space bar + m and the left arrow to see if you can move this of screen window back on screen.

Post the errlog.txt file. On windows it located at C:\Users<user name>.moneydance\

Hope this helps.

2. 2 Posted by nailhac on 20 Jan, 2019 01:30 PM

Thanks for input log attached Problem hasnt cropped up again yet

3. 3 Posted by derekkent23 on 20 Jan, 2019 02:12 PM

I am not support staff, just a user.

The errlog.txt did not show anything wrong, but as you say the problem did not crop up during that session. if it does just try Alt + Space bar + m and the left arrow and post errlog.txt

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac