will not open

Debra Gerbatz

13 Jan, 2019 01:15 AM

neither my former nor the downloaded will open

1. 1 Posted by Debra Gerbatz on 13 Jan, 2019 01:18 AM

help can i talk with someone please i just want to use this program i purchased in 2014 and was never able to get it to work and now i have upgraded it and want to try again but nothing is working

2. 2 Posted by Debra Gerbatz on 13 Jan, 2019 01:48 AM

I still need to register the upgrade i purchased i have read all you suggested but there is no help/register and i searched it to with no results.
    i need to import and don't want to do so until the upgrade is complete.

3. 3 Posted by mhoggie on 13 Jan, 2019 02:02 AM

just a user,

Maybe some of us can help. What PC OS are you using? Windows, Mac, Linux, ??
    Also what version of MD do you have?? The older versions work fine depending on what you need. So you don't necessarily need the latest. But that's OK also.
    Just provide more detail of what your issue is and what you are using, PC and MD build and others will chime in and help you get going.

4. 4 Posted by Debra Gerbatz on 13 Jan, 2019 02:22 AM

I have a 2009 Mac laptop with updated OS with the 2014 MD.

5. 5 Posted by dwg on 13 Jan, 2019 03:04 AM

I'm a fellow user.

What version of MacOS? MacOS is known to cause the need to run certain minimum versions of Moneydance.

6. 6 Posted by Debra Gerbatz on 13 Jan, 2019 03:14 AM

Mac Book Pro OS Yosemite 10.10.5

7. 7 Posted by dwg on 13 Jan, 2019 03:18 AM

I'm a fellow user.

As far as I recall I cannot think of any specific issues around that version so I would expect you to be able to install and run MD 2014 on that release. Most issues have been around Sierra and newer.

8. 8 Posted by Debra Gerbatz on 13 Jan, 2019 03:21 AM

Thank you i will keep trying.

9. 9 Posted by dwg on 13 Jan, 2019 03:41 AM

I'm a Windows user but I recall reading some Mac centric answers that shows that it does work somewhat differently to windows, I suspect you may need someone who is familiar with the MacOS to help you with the specifics

10. 10 Posted by mhoggie on 13 Jan, 2019 03:57 AM

just a user,

I'm not a Mac user, but this is java based so much of the MD application is the same across platforms. How about clicking Help, About, and tell us the the Version Info, and just acknowledge if the License Key is populated.

11. 11 Posted by dwg on 13 Jan, 2019 04:21 AM

I think on a Mac this may be under the Moneydance Menu - one of those Mac differences things

12. 12 Posted by jeff_l on 13 Jan, 2019 07:30 AM

No, On the Mac it is in the same place. Help > Register Moneydance.

Did you purchase MD from the Mac Apple Store or off this Website.

You can't mix & match. If you bought off Apple, you update from Apple. There are subtle differences. That's unless you like paying for the software twice.

Jeff - Fellow Mac user

13. 13 Posted by Debra Gerbatz on 13 Jan, 2019 02:42 PM

Thank you, I think that is the problem i did purchase through the App store and did the upgrade on the website.

14. Support Staff 14 Posted by Ethan on 13 Jan, 2019 03:07 PM

Hello,

If you purchased Moneydance on the Mac App Store, you should uninstall any versions from our website, and download the version through the App Store. Otherwise, your purchase won't be recognized, since Apple runs their own licensing system for everything purchased through their site.

Ethan
    Moneydance Support

15. 15 Posted by Debra Gerbatz on 13 Jan, 2019 11:38 PM

Tried but nothing worked. I just want a refund for the upgrade purchase. Thank you

Sent from my iPhone

16. Ethan closed this discussion on 14 Jan, 2019 09:14 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac