Fictionious transaction created during download

Joseph Avellar

12 Jan, 2019 04:50 PM

From MD I downloaded my bank transactions and there was a completely fictions transaction in my register. I was a deposit from another one of my accounts. I also noted that there was a Euro currency symbol in the "clear" column. There was no such transaction at the download site. I noticed the problem because the account balance in MD was not the same as the download site. It was easily fixed but I wonder why it occurred.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Ethan on 12 Jan, 2019 04:56 PM

Hello,

Can you clarify if you are directly connection to your accounts (the options in Moneydance's Online menu bar), or if you are downloading and importing a file? If it is the later, which file type are you using?

Is this an account at the same bank? Can you describe the transaction in any more detail?

Ethan
    Moneydance Support

2. 2 Posted by Joseph Avellar on 12 Jan, 2019 05:57 PM

I downloaded directly connecting to my account.

The transaction was a deposit transfer from Bank A to Bank B. Bank B is
    the directly connected download bank.

Thanks for the quick response.

Joe

3. 3 Posted by sth on 13 Jan, 2019 07:25 PM

It may be something that your bank actually sent. Sometimes I have had organization send what seems like redundant blank transactions, especially during a transfer. I am not sure exactly what the "euro sign" is. Is that the symbol that the transaction has an attachment?

Try right clicking on the transaction and looking at the "show transaction details", this will have the original info from the bank.

My guess is that this happened because your bank caused it to happen. But there are ways I mention to figure out what the details are.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac