Opening Preferences causes spinning rainbow

boreham

11 Jan, 2019 08:36 AM

Opening Preferences causes spinning rainbow....have to force quit.

This has started on both my Macs (10.14.2) since updating from b1839 to b1843.

On second thoughts I cant say when it started happening as I don't open Preferences very often, so it could have come in a few builds earlier.

1. 1 Posted by dwg on 11 Jan, 2019 08:38 AM

Not seeing such a problem on Windows 10.

2. 2 Posted by boreham on 11 Jan, 2019 08:48 AM

I have just reinstalled all the recent previews I have, on both my Macs.

Build 1835 is OK
    Build 1838 and later has the problem

I never installed builds 1836 or 1837 so don't have, and now can't get the downloads for them.

3. 3 Posted by boreham on 11 Jan, 2019 09:04 AM

In case it had become corrupt I tried trashing the pref file:- ~/Library/Preferences/com.Infinitekind.MoneydanceOSX.plist and restarting the app.

But my preference settings had not been reset to default and the launching Prefs still gives the problem.

Reading this link, deleting the prefs file doesn't work like it used it to in macOS and at this point I have not tried any of the further possibilities in the link.

https://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/175573/how-to-manually-re...

Since there seems to have been a definite, repeatable and reversible change between b1835 and b1838 I will let IK investigate.

4. 4 Posted by boreham on 11 Jan, 2019 09:10 AM

Any other Mac users seeing this problem?

If no-one else is I will pursue deleting my Prefs like in the Stack Exchange link above.

5. 5 Posted by dwg on 11 Jan, 2019 09:11 AM

The moneydance preferences file is called config.dict

6. 6 Posted by dwg on 11 Jan, 2019 09:21 AM

Sean is aware of the problem and said he will produce a fix.

7. 7 Posted by boreham on 11 Jan, 2019 09:24 AM

Thanks. I haven't so far found the config.dict file but suspect that ~/Library/Preferences/com.Infinitekind.MoneydanceOSX.plist is a historic relic because it was not recreated after I deleted it, and when I made a test pref change its modification date was not changed.

If I can find the config.dict file on my Mac will deleting it cause any other problems (eg with syncing)? I don't mind changing a few settings.

I somehow doubt the problem is due a corrupt prefs file, because if it was, then going back to build 1835 would not remove the problem, as it would still be corrupt in 1835.

EDIT config.dict is in /Users/michaelb/Library/Containers/com.infinitekind.MoneydanceOSX/Data/Library/Application Support/Moneydance/config.dict on Macs.

8. 8 Posted by boreham on 11 Jan, 2019 09:25 AM

Wrote my last post before seeing your comment from Sean....thanks very much!

9. 9 Posted by dwg on 11 Jan, 2019 09:28 AM

Syncing information is kept in the data set

10. 10 Posted by boreham on 11 Jan, 2019 09:30 AM

Thanks might be useful in future.

11. Support Staff 11 Posted by Jenny on 11 Jan, 2019 12:45 PM

Hi,

We've just released build 1844 which should resolve this issue. Let me know if you encounter any problems with the newer version.

Jenny
    Infinite Kind Support

12. 12 Posted by boreham on 11 Jan, 2019 11:37 PM

Great support thanks!

I didn't get to test build 1844 but latest preview 1846 has solved the problem.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac