Syncing of remindes

debkeir

10 Dec, 2018 10:39 PM

Hi
Because of problems I have with pop-ups on my laptop I run a version of moneydance on my laptop and on my desktop. (I have already started a discussion about this topic)

This year I went away for 6 months and didn't have access to my desktop until my return.

During that time I updated many of my transaction reminders on my desktop.

When I returned somehow the old transactions reminders from the desktop overwrote the modifed transaction reminders that I had generated on my laptop, including generating or replacing reconciled transactions in my accounts. I had to go back and find these for the last 6 months and effectively re-reconcile all my accounts. In one case I had cancelled a transaction reminder and it reappeared and generated 6 months worth of transactions.

Any ideas of how to avoid this as I will be going away again next year.

Thanks

Showing page 2 out of 2. View the first page

1. 31 Posted by sth on 17 Dec, 2018 04:32 AM

@dwg, I think you have expressed the issue quite nicely and this is probably the root of the problem. Having two systems synchronize but have incompatible actions in this case auto committing two different transactions that should be a single transaction is the problem. I am not sure how the software would logically solve this issue other than asking the user for guidance.

2. 32 Posted by derekkent23 on 20 Dec, 2018 05:15 PM

I am not support staff, just a user.

The following rev notes are included for 2019 beta (1824)
    - Delay auto-committing of reminders until after the first sync pass is complete - Added preference setting for whether auto-committing reminders should be processed for the current file on the current compute

You should not replace your 2017 build until stable release.

Hope you find this of interest.

3. 33 Posted by sth on 20 Dec, 2018 05:28 PM

Thanks Derek this may solve a bunch of issues for a lot of folks. Don't have time to test the beta but I thank you for that work!

4. 34 Posted by boreham on 20 Dec, 2018 05:32 PM

derekkent23, thanks for the heads up.

I am not sure I fully understand those release notes.

I have been so much happier with Moneydance since I stopped auto commit I am reluctant to stop doing it manually......a burnt child fears the fire!

5. 35 Posted by dwg on 22 Dec, 2018 02:50 AM

Boreham,

If you are happy manually committing transactions then I say go ahead and continue with that approach, it will give you complete control of the process.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac