downloading current stock quotes

Gary

07 Dec, 2018 09:12 PM

I have your new update but the stock quotes still do not download. I am getting tired of doing them manually. You better fix this or I will stop using your software!!!

1. 1 Posted by -Kevin N. on 07 Dec, 2018 09:31 PM

Hi Gary,

Take a look at this post regarding a third-party quotes loader extension:
    http://help.infinitekind.com/discussions/investments/3771-third-par...

There's an attached PDF there that explains how to install and use the quotes loader extension. It has links to the files needed and a link to a video showing the quotes loader in action.

The instructions look a little daunting but they're quite easy to follow. The quotes loader works fast and reliably.

-Kevin N. (not a member of MD support)

2. 2 Posted by dwg on 08 Dec, 2018 01:01 AM

The latest version of the Q & ER extension should work reasonable well for U.S. stocks with the addition of IEX as a source and in general for exchange rates with ECB. Alpha Vantage should work OK, but slowly for Stock prices on other Markets, the speed is due to Alpha Vantage not Moneydance. Funds are something that neither source handles well.

The third party solution that Kevin has pointed you towards works pretty well and provides a viable alternative, but it uses sources that the company behind Moneydance could not use hence part of the reason it was created by independent users.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac