A problem, and some requests/improvements

Bill

10 Nov, 2018 07:19 AM

Hi-
I have just started using Moneydance and am converting 11 years of Quicken data from 11 files. It is a lot of work!

Here is my list of stuff:

• When I type Alt-A to open the Account menu, Moneydance crashes

• When I delete an account, a dialog pops up asking me to type in yes. It would be helpful if the field to type yes in had focus when the dialog launches

• When right-clicking on an account, it would be helpful if all the selections under the Account menu were added, so I could Create a new account, or Edit, Delete, or Reconcile the account I am right clicking on.

• A bigger request: Add the ability to enter tags for each account and then filter on given tag(s).

Thanks!

1. 1 Posted by sth on 10 Nov, 2018 09:22 PM

First it is very helpful to give MD version (including build) and OS you are using. Posting the first 6 lines or so of the "Help-> Show Console" display will have all that info.

1. That shouldn't happen. Can you open the Account menu from the menu bar successfully? After it crashes try getting the Error log file and posting it. See instructions below. It does not happen for me.

Not sure what the tag request is. The reports can filter on tags. The simple search function (upper right) will show just those tags if you type in the text.

-Scott (not IK support)

(Mac OS) Library/Containers/com.infinitekind.MoneydanceOSX/Data/Library/Application Support/Moneydance/errlog.txt
    Press the option key and use the "Go" menu in the finder to access the Library folder.
    Or open a finder window, press Shift-Option-G and paste in this path
    ~/Library/Containers/com.infinitekind.MoneydanceOSX/Data/Library/Application Support/Moneydance (Windows) C:\Users(yourusername).moneydance\errlog.txt

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac