Quotes and Exchange Rates Updater no longer updating stock and fund prices

Simon P

10 Nov, 2018 02:41 AM

Just updated to Moneydance 2017.10 (1706) and Quotes and Exchange Rates Updater v1023, running on iMac Retina 4K 21.5" 2017 macOS High Sierra 10.13.6.
Still using AlphaVantage for downloading exchange rates and quotes and now exchange rates display and load but stock and fund prices are just showing $0 value and do not update the security in the program or in its account.
Anyone else experiencing this? I tried using the European Central Bank and IEX trading options and they don't appear to display either.
Any suggestions on how to fix?

1. 1 Posted by Stanley on 10 Nov, 2018 02:54 AM

version
     2015.7 1358

2. 2 Posted by derekkent23 on 10 Nov, 2018 08:46 AM

I am not support staff, just a user.
    Hi Simon

I no longer use the Q & ER as for me it does not support most of my securities and for those it did support is slow or inaccurate.

If you are having problems have you tried the free third-party alternative Quote Loader, see post 161 in this thread
    http://help.infinitekind.com/discussions/investments/3771-third-par...

Download the PDF attached to post 161 and take a look. Use the link in the PDF to a YouTube tutorial to get a better understanding.
    Post how you get on. If you need any help just post.

Hope this helps.

3. 3 Posted by derekkent23 on 10 Nov, 2018 09:12 AM

Hi Simon

Just to add I tried your example Schwab Core Equity Fund in the Quote Loader and got

Hope this helps

4. 4 Posted by Florin on 10 Nov, 2018 02:36 PM

What seems even worse... for me it truncates history on 7/27/2018. I have reloaded manually for a few funds every week, and this week I finally wised up.

What is even worse is that it seems to destroy the records for some TSP funds, for which no quote downloader ever gave me valid numbers, so they were't included in the download.

Furthermore, now I cannot delete historical security prices manually - I mean I can delete it, close the dialog, and when I reopen the dialog the old price is still there.

5. 5 Posted by Florin on 10 Nov, 2018 03:06 PM

It seems this bug has been fixed in 2017.10.

6. 6 Posted by SImon P on 10 Nov, 2018 07:02 PM

Thanks very much Derek for your suggestion and for testing my quote in Quote Loader.
    I just checked QL out and tried it for my securities (equities and mutual funds) and exchange rates, it works like a charm and loads fast! No more waiting 20-30 seconds per security to load with AlphaVantage. With 50+ securities what a time saver Quote Loader is. Much appreciated!

7. 7 Posted by derekkent23 on 10 Nov, 2018 07:08 PM

Hi Simon

Really glad Quote Loader has worked for you.

When you have used it for a time can I ask you to post your comments in the main thread at http://help.infinitekind.com/discussions/investments/3771-third-par...

Thanks.

8. 8 Posted by SImon P on 10 Nov, 2018 07:15 PM

Hi Derek,
    Yes absolutely!
    Cheers
    Simon

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• Screen_Shot_2018-11-09_at_6.35.57_PM.png 14.5 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac