Quotes and Exchange Rates Updater following update to V. 2017.10

Mike

08 Nov, 2018 09:32 AM

The latest update for Moneydance removed my updater extension although I have now restored it OK using my Alphavantage API.
The updating is now extremely slow. Strangely, the quotes being shown at the very bottom of the page as being updated are showing £.0.00 for each quote. No big deal I suppose as the actual prices appear to be correct. Is this another bug?

1. 1 Posted by derekkent23 on 08 Nov, 2018 05:25 PM

I am not support staff, just a user.

Check you are using the latest build of 2017 and the Q & ER build is v1022.

If you still have problems read on.

I am a UK investor and have found that Alpha Vantage provide very poor support for UK/Irish/Luxenberg etc, domiciled funds. I have removed the Q & ER extension as I was also getting inaccurate data messing up the price history for some of the securities it could find data on. A major problem being that on some funds the prices keep switching back and forward between Pence and Pounds
    I am using the free Quote Loader system, a collaboration between the two software developers Mike Bray and hleofxquotes.

It provides an end to end solution, obtaining quotes from a choice of two sources and entering them into the relevant History window, all from a single window within Moneydance. The system can obtain Security prices, Exchange Rates, Market indices, Cryptocurrency Rates and prices for Cryptocurrency Investments. For UK user’s prices are consistent, no switching between Pence and Pounds and back again. It provides quotes for stocks and funds, from many stock exchanges US, Canada, UK, Europe and Australia to name but a few. The process of obtaining quotes from the selected source is fast and error free.

All parts of the system use the Java installation provided with Moneydance. A separate installation of Java is not required. The system runs on Windows, Mac and Linux computers.

See post 161 in this thread.
    http://help.infinitekind.com/discussions/investments/3771-third-par...

Download the PDF attached to post 161 outlining how to use the system. The PDF contains link to the system elements you will need to download was well as a link to a YouTube tutorial video.

Let us know how this program performs for you and post if you have any problems.

Hope this helps

2. 2 Posted by Mike on 08 Nov, 2018 05:35 PM

Hi and many thanks for your reply. I shall take a look at this.

Mike,
    Sent from my iPhone 7

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac