MONEYDANCE

JERRY MCGEE

15 Sep, 2018 10:48 PM

I JUST RETURNED FROM VACATION & WAS ATTEMPTING TO UPDATE MY CHECKING ACCOUNT INFORMATION. THE SYSTEM STARTED ACTING VRY WEIRD......I ATTEMPTED TO RECORD SCHEDULED TRANSACTIONS AS NORMAL. HOWEVER THEY FAILED TO SHOW IN MY ACCOUNT REGISTER WHEN I POSTED THEM. IN ADDITION THE REGISTER 'INVERTED' MY DATE RANGE....I SHOW ALL WITH MOST RCENT TRANSACTION ON TOP..........AND PREVIOUSLY ENTERED TRANS WERE OUT OF DATE ORDER BY AS MUCH AS 3 WEEKS & A DIFFERENT MONTH.........NOT ALL PREVIOUSLY ENTRED TRANSACTIONS FOR LAST 2 WEEKS SHOW. SEVERAL OF THESE TRANSACTIONS WERE WERE MISSING.

I AM AT A LOSS AS TO WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON. WHAT CAN I DO. I DEFINITELY NEED HELP AND WOULD APPRECIATE SPEAKING WITH SOMEONE

1. 1 Posted by mhoggie on 15 Sep, 2018 11:00 PM

just a user,
    Sounds like you just need to sort the register by clicking the header on the date column.

2. 2 Posted by Jerry McGee on 15 Sep, 2018 11:09 PM

TRIED THAT BUT DOESN’T FIX THE PROBLEMS

3. 3 Posted by Jerry McGee on 16 Sep, 2018 10:44 PM

OK GUYS…………HAVEN’T HEARD ANYTHING REGARDING MY ISSUE(S). SAME CONDITION EXIST AND I JUST ENTERED 6 ITEMS IN MY CHECKING ACCOUNT REGISTER. CLOSED MONEYDANCE AND REOPENED IT. THE ITEMS ARE NOT THERE.

CAN YOU GUYS OR SOMEONE PLEASE HELP? WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO?

4. 4 Posted by JERRY MCGEE on 16 Sep, 2018 10:45 PM

HELP PLEASE

5. 5 Posted by sth on 16 Sep, 2018 11:31 PM

Jerry,
    Two things.
    One STOP writing in all caps. It is just obnoxious to read. We are all just users and volunteering our time here. We are not IK support unless you see a big orange bar above the posting.

Second, give us some information. We don't know what the heck is going on either and have even less idea than you do without some info. Post the first 6 lines from "Help->Show Console". Are you syncing your file through Drop box? Are you keeping your files on a cloud storage?

Try posting your error log and maybe someone will have the time to look at it.

(Mac OS) Library/Containers/com.infinitekind.MoneydanceOSX/Data/Library/Application Support/Moneydance/errlog.txt
    Press the option key and use the "Go" menu in the finder to access the Library folder.
    Or open a finder window, press Shift-Option-G and paste in this path
    ~/Library/Containers/com.infinitekind.MoneydanceOSX/Data/Library/Application Support/Moneydance (Windows) C:\Users(yourusername).moneydance\errlog.txt

Lastly, what is your exact problem. Does your register not sort? Or are you missing transactions? Have you made sure that you have the "All" tab checked at the top of the register?

6. 6 Posted by Jerry McGee on 17 Sep, 2018 10:49 PM

sth,

I apologize the caps offended you. Didn’t realize the caps lock was on until I hit SEND

FYI, I originally contacted IK for help, posted my info regarding my problem & received an initial response which had an ORANGE BAR across the top and stated it was from IK. Also that someone would respond shortly. OK, I waited 24 hours and still no response. I can appreciate that you are a volunteer. For your benefit I will restate my issues, which still exist and continue to occur. NOT SURE where I will locate HELP/SHOW CONSOLE. My files are on my computer within the MONEYDANCE file/system.

I returned home from vacation to post entries to my checking & the following issues/actions occured;

- OLD entries were not in date order nor would NEW entries post in date order. They posted/showed at this time but when I exited the program & re-entered later, they had disappeared. This applies to ALL my accounts. NOR does my account history per account show more than a months activity ALL the time. It will flucuate………

ENDING BALANCES of accounts are totally in error. Like most folks that use this system I heavily rely on it. I would appreciate any help in resolving this issue or find something else that works.

thx

7. 7 Posted by mhoggie on 17 Sep, 2018 11:36 PM

just a user,

Jerry, click Help, Console window, and you will see a log of program events. You can select what is needed, copy to clipboard, and paste into your response. Still sounds like a sorting and filtering problem to me. Normally if all is well with the PC and program, you should be able to open any account register, click "ALL" at the top, then click on "Date" in the first column to sort the date by ascending or descending. Just a note, back in the 70's, lower case was rarely used, so it always takes me back to the old Teletype days :)

Mike

8. 8 Posted by Jerry McGee on 18 Sep, 2018 12:45 AM

OK, I did open HELP/WINDOW CONSOLE……I have no idea what the hell i am looking at. Nothing ‘looked’ appropriate to me what I am experiencing. I understand the categorizing by the date but everything remains the same screwedup mess. Could the program be bad? I have no other problems with the rest of my systems. I know nothing about this stuff……….I am a plug and play guy. too bad there isn’t someone to talk with. No offense this is all above me

thx

9. 9 Posted by mhoggie on 18 Sep, 2018 01:28 AM

Just a user,

Jerry, one thing the console log provides is your PC operating system and the version of MD you are using. All those things are important for anyone trying to understand what is going on. They would be asking for that info if you talked with them also. So best to just copy and paste the first page of that log and add it to your problem report. That would be a good start. Your probably going to also need to provide screen prints to show the problem your having. I've had the same issue you have described, but it was a result of a filter set, search term entered, or sorting. If the program was seriously messed up , you would get all kinds of errors when you opened up the program and your data set would probably not open at all.

10. Support Staff 10 Posted by Tom Freeman on 18 Sep, 2018 09:52 PM

Jerry,

I am sorry the moderators have not responded, there is tremendous peer to peer support on this forum and when we see that someone has responded with good advice we tend not to jump in unless we have more to add.

Which version of MD are you using? Help > about MD

I can get a screen shot of your register?

Can you send me your errlog.txt file? If you're using Mac OS X, it should be located at one of these locations within your Home folder:

~/Library/Containers/com.infinitekind.MoneydanceOSX/Data/Library/Application Support/Moneydance/errlog.txt

or:

~/Library/Application Support/Moneydance/errlog.txt

If you have any trouble finding your Home Library folder, open Finder and select Go -> Go to Folder and and copy and paste in the following:

~/Library

This should pull up your local Library folder.

If you're using Windows, it should be located at:

C:\Users\(yourusername)\.moneydance\errlog.txt

Tom Freeman
    Infinite Kind Support

11. 11 Posted by sth on 19 Sep, 2018 01:26 AM

Jerry, you now have two threads going on about the same thing. I am going to reply in the other thread.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac