stock updates

richard faure-field

10 Aug, 2018 07:29 AM

frustrating that many items do not update with message no info found. error. i have the correct ASX code for each equity. Australian Stock Excahnge.

1. 1 Posted by derekkent23 on 10 Aug, 2018 02:35 PM

I am not support staff, just a user.

I assume your issue is with the Q & ER. What build of the Q & ER are you running? e.g. v1018
    What build of Moneydance e.g. 2017.8(1691)
    What computer operating system

if you can provide say 6 example securities you are having problems with name and symbol I will test.

2. 2 Posted by quotient on 10 Aug, 2018 04:07 PM

I'm using 2017.8 (1691) and 1018 of the Q & E R.

Just a thought. When I use the Q & E R I get error messages, too. However, all of the error messages I get report that a price history for a security has not been found; the actual price for my 20 securities are generally found and are generally correct. The prices obtained seem to be the a closing price, not a current price.

3. 3 Posted by sth on 11 Aug, 2018 02:11 AM

AV changed their download policies once again and it ends up breaking the extension. Now you can only download 4 securities before a long wait. So the 5th one fails and it continues to fail for about a minute. AV has limited coverage, and bad values that change from the daily downloads to the closing (change pence to pounds, ignore splits etc.) and keeps changing the free download parameters to get you to pay exorbitant prices.

The hleofxquotes java program works fairly well, but does not download history, high/low/volume numbers. And they will also be working with changing blocks once Yahoo finds them and starts to block them which is their stated policy.

Anyone got a source for good, free quotes?

4. 4 Posted by mhoggie on 11 Aug, 2018 03:27 AM

I just stumble across the Nasdaq historical quote link.
    https://www.nasdaq.com/quotes/historical-quotes.aspx
    Lets you download quotes up to 10 years history and export to excel.
    Then you can import to MD

5. 5 Posted by sth on 11 Aug, 2018 12:10 PM

This was discussed last November when Yahoo stopped its coverage.
    1. Coverage is poor, it is only NASDAQ
    2. It is non-trivial to automate since it is an internal java script that needs to trigger, there isn't a programming API for that access but only data that has to be accessed by someone clicking on a button.

6. System closed this discussion on 10 Nov, 2018 12:20 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

19 Dec, 2018 11:28 AM
19 Dec, 2018 08:39 AM
19 Dec, 2018 08:19 AM