Error downloading security prices

Jeremy

06 Aug, 2018 11:41 PM

I constantly get errors when downloading my security prices with quotes and exchange rates hooked up to Alphavantage. Anything going on with that?

Showing page 2 out of 2. View the first page

1. 31 Posted by luis.m.domingue... on 16 Aug, 2018 03:49 AM

The real issue is no one from IK has even acknowledged this problem and what they are going to do about it.

I have my own thread on this and they have not responded to that either for over a week.

This is terrible customer service if we need to have the user community come up with functionality that is core to this application and one of the primary reasons I moved to this platform.

I get it if AV is going to change things, but IK should stand by their product and acknowledge the issue and state what they are going to do about it.

BTW, I did test where you can select 4 securities from your list and they will update. Now I just need to figure out what the time period is until I can do another batch of 4.

2. 32 Posted by aforkosh on 16 Aug, 2018 04:26 AM

AlphaVantage is claiming to allow 5 calls in a minute at the free level (see https://www.alphavantage.co/premium/#), but I usually see failure on the 5th call. The only way I have had any success with the Updater is to submit a maximum of 4 codes and wait at least a minute before submitting 4 more. That's fine if you have a small number of securities to update, but not if you have more than 20 or so.

3. 33 Posted by sth on 18 Aug, 2018 03:40 PM

Yes, this is the cat and mouse game that AV is playing with developers. This was supposed to avoid that by not using Yahoo and obeying their terms of service instead of working around them as hleOFXQuotes does. AV is flaky but I do not know how other developers are handing the same issue. Q used to have their own quote server that was sometimes wonky and I suppose that they paid for a source for quotes. However that model has led to annual software fees.

Not clear exactly how See Finance or other packages have dealt with this change in the last year or so.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac