backing up files

mel

06 Aug, 2018 03:59 PM

I have tried to "file/export backup" from my MacBook pro to my Microsoft version on my desktop. however, the location on the main desktop the file is not shown.

I have tried to export backup to:
btcloud; icloud; dropbox and a Kingston data traveller, but nothing shows up at all.

the MacBook pro provides a message" data successfully saved???

1. 1 Posted by sth on 06 Aug, 2018 11:37 PM

Do you have a dot (.) in the front of the file name?

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Ian O on 07 Aug, 2018 12:32 PM

Hi Mel,

Sorry to hear of the issue you have encountered. Sth suggestion of checking the file name is a great suggestion. If this doesn't explain what you're seeing, can you let me know the version of Moneydance you're using? You can check this within Moneydance by navigating to Help --> About Moneydance.

Could you also send me the contents of your error console after exporting backup? Here's how to get the logs:

1)  In Moneydance, click on the Help menu and select the Console Window option.  This will open the console messages window. Then press the 'Clear' button.
    2) While the Console Window is open, export a backup.  This will show exactly where the backup is being created. Any error messages should be recorded to the Console.
    3) Select all of the text in the Console and use the "Copy to Clipboard" button at the bottom to copy the text.
    4) Paste the text from the message window into a text file (preferably saved with a .txt extension) and attach that file to your response here.

Ian O
    Infinite Kind Support

3. 3 Posted by Mgfew- BT on 12 Aug, 2018 04:53 PM

Ian,
    Apologies for the late response. I have tried again and the backup seems to be functioning

Many thanks

Mel

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Ian O on 13 Aug, 2018 11:19 AM

Great to hear Mel! I'll close this discussion for now, but don't hesitate to get back in touch if you have further questions or need any assistance.

Ian O
    Infinite Kind Support

5. Ian O closed this discussion on 13 Aug, 2018 11:19 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac