Squirrely Mutual Fund Price Download

Tom Smith

05 Aug, 2018 03:02 PM

I've looked over previous posts on this subject. But can't glean any thing that would help me. I have been using Moneydance ion Linux, Mac, and Windows since 2012. There have been some problems. But overall, I am very happy with the product.
I have a bunch of mutual funds with Fidelity and Vanguard they are held in several ROTH, Traditional IRA, and non-qualified accounts.
Most of the prices download fine. But some stopped after July 5th of this year.
I'm using Fedora 28 with latest patches and Moneydance Version 2017.8(1691).
I did notice that SOME of the securities that fail to download are missing a Security ID, others look OK. Additionally, I have one security which is Missing a Security ID yet downloads fine through this past Friday (8/3/2018).
In addtion to the ones below, there are over a dozen each from Vanguard and Fidelity that download reliably. It is just these that are misbehaving.
Hopefully this table might help:

Downloads stopped 07/05/2018 Missing Security ID:
FBIOX
FIUIX

Downloads stopped 07/05/2018 Has Security ID:
FSIVX - ^315911875
VFSVX - ^922042734
VGWAX - ^921910766
VTMSX - ^921943403
VWENX - ^921935201

Downloads did not stop. But missing Security ID:
VHGEX

1. 1 Posted by derekkent23 on 05 Aug, 2018 03:44 PM

I am not support staff, just a user.

Hi Tom

You should add unique Security ID’s to any securities that has not got one, it’s never to late.

Are you using the latest build of the Q & ER that is v1018? If not update and try again.
    If you are and all your securities were returning quotes, but have now stopped, there is not much you can do with that setup.

Perhaps time to try a new way of obtaining quotes and importing them into Moneydance.

I have given up on the Q & ER extension.

I am using a free stand-alone program that was originally developed to help out users of MS Money when Microsoft stopped supporting that product. The program is in java, like Moneydance and thus runs on Windows, Mac and Linux computers.

I entered the list of symbols you posted and the stand-alone returned quotes for all of them, see screen shot.

Take a look at his thread and download the PDF outlining how to use the program and link to download the program. Post 236 in this thread.
    http://help.infinitekind.com/discussions/investments/3036-third-par...

Let us know how this program performs for you and post if you have any problems setting it up and I will get you up and running.

It’s a good idea to click on the “SUBSCRIBE TO UPDATES” button to you are cheap up to date including when new builds are available.

Hope this helps

2. 2 Posted by sth on 06 Aug, 2018 12:14 AM

The securities download by symbol only and the ID is ignored for updating prices.

3. 3 Posted by Tom Smith on 07 Aug, 2018 12:34 AM

derekkent23 above; why is the last trade date showing a Saturday?

4. 4 Posted by sth on 07 Aug, 2018 12:41 AM

Time zones?

5. 5 Posted by derekkent23 on 07 Aug, 2018 09:20 AM

I am not support staff, just a user.

I think SH is correct.

Example FBIOX is traded on the Nasdaq and the on the sources web site close is quoted at 8:00PM EDT.
    The stand-alone program was run on a computer in the UK. BST is 5 hours ahead of EDT thus in BST time the close of 8PM+5hours equals 1am. A close on Friday 8PM EDT would be reported as a close 1AM Saturday BST. Run the program in a different time zone get a different result.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac