Data

Vern Dosch

05 Aug, 2018 01:03 PM

I recently updated to the latest version of MoneyDance, I moved it to the application folder as instructed after the file was unzipped and when I opened it, none of my data, accounts / transactions were visible.

1. 1 Posted by sth on 06 Aug, 2018 12:13 AM

What version were you updating from, was this a major version update? Does it find your data file and open it? Check the help->Console log to see if it opened the correct file.

Make sure that the account is set to show "ALL" transactions in the top tab, and that the window does not have a split screen

2. 2 Posted by Vern Dosch on 06 Aug, 2018 04:16 PM

I updated to version 2017.8 (1691)
    after the update I see no accounts or transactions
    thanks
    vern

3. 3 Posted by Vern Dosch on 06 Aug, 2018 04:53 PM

When I look at the console messages I see the following:

Error Loading txn file tiksync

4. 4 Posted by -Kevin N. on 06 Aug, 2018 04:56 PM

Hi Vern,

Try this...

Open Moneydance.
    From the menu bar, go to Window > Welcome to Moneydance.
    In the resulting Welcome screen, look to see if your data file is listed in the right-hand panel.

-Kevin N. (not a member of MD support)

5. 5 Posted by Vern Dosch on 06 Aug, 2018 05:37 PM

Is there any way I can get someone to walk me through this problem. I need to present a financial statement to my bank today and I can generate that report without MoneyDance.
    Thanks, I truly appreciate you assistance
    Vern'

6. 6 Posted by Vern Dosch on 06 Aug, 2018 05:45 PM

I see a number of files, but none of them are the right file. As I have worked on this situation for the last 4 days I have closed down MoneyDance multiple times and I am concerned my most current file has been removed from backup

7. 7 Posted by Vern Dosch on 06 Aug, 2018 07:19 PM

I do have another backup on USB and one in the iCloud
    Vern

8. 8 Posted by sth on 06 Aug, 2018 07:41 PM

Vern this is all volunteer support from non-Infinite Kind folks who are in very different timezones. My question was what version did you upgrade FROM. Was this a major version jump or just a small bug fix update.

If you updated several major versions, one work around is to get the demo version of older versions and update your file from one version to the next and not skip a few in-between. Keep a backup of the intermediate versions.

9. 9 Posted by Vern Dosch on 06 Aug, 2018 08:09 PM

I always try to update each time a new version is available, so I don't think it was a major upgrade. How would I find the version number prior to the upgrade?

10. 10 Posted by Vern Dosch on 06 Aug, 2018 08:12 PM

Would it be possible to just restore off of my backup on USB ... I just want to get back to the previous version where everything was working?

11. 11 Posted by sth on 06 Aug, 2018 09:34 PM

Ok, then there should be no reason for data to disappear. You can always copy the data file from the USB to the hard drive in your Documents folder and double click it.

Or you can ask MD to open the Documents folder (Help->Documents Folder) and put the file there. Then go to the WIndows->Welcome to Moneydance and then select it from the available files.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac