Selection point in register

d.hercher

05 Aug, 2018 02:55 AM

I'm using MD 2016.8 on macOS 10.13.6.

My primary checking account register covers transactions over many years. I sort register transactions in ascending date order, so the most recent entries are at the bottom. My new transactions will be of course be at the bottom, as will my Unconfirmed and Uncleared entries.

When I first open the register, the view is of the bottom, i.e., most-recent entries. But if I work on either Unconfirmed or Uncleared entries and then click on All, the view goes to the top of the register--the earliest entry, years ago--requiring that I manually drag the window drag point from the top of the window to the bottom so that the view is back to the bottom of the register.

Is there a way to cause the register view always to go by default to the bottom, including after I click All, so I don't need to do all that dragging? Thanks.

1. 1 Posted by TonyRI on 05 Aug, 2018 11:47 AM

Hi d.hercher,

I'm a fellow user. I just looked at your question and went through the steps that you spoke of. I don't think that there is a way to avoid scrolling down, if you select the ALL filter, after the Unconfirmed/Uncleared filters. You can, however, select the "This Month", or "30 Days" filter afterwards to end up much closer to the bottom of your transactions list.

The ascending sort order hasn't changed, just the transactions filter. I don't see this as a "problem", but perhaps a suggestion. Perhaps IK can change the way that the filter selection view works, based on the sort order selected. Just an opinion.

Regards,

Tony

2. 2 Posted by -Kevin N. on 05 Aug, 2018 02:01 PM

Hi d.hercher,

Try this...

After clicking 'All', highlight any transaction in the register, then tap the END key on your keyboard.

-Kevin N. (not a member of MD support)

3. 3 Posted by derekkent23 on 05 Aug, 2018 03:14 PM

I am not support staff, just a use

On a windows PC hold "Fn" and click "End".
    Fn and PgUp and PgDn also work for move from page to page.

4. 4 Posted by d.hercher on 05 Aug, 2018 03:39 PM

Thanks to all posters. On my Mac keyboard, holding fn and clicking right or left arrow moves to the end or top, and clicking up or down arrow moves up or down one screen at a time.

5. 5 Posted by jeff on 05 Aug, 2018 04:26 PM

Hi,
    You must have found this out for yourself by now ! ?

Don't just tap the down key, keep it depressed & you will quickly zoom to the bottom.

Jeff

6. 6 Posted by RobS on 06 Aug, 2018 07:07 PM

Does the Mac keyboard have an "End" key?

As others have said, on a PC all that is required to get from the start to the end of the register is to click on any transaction then hit the End key once.

I understood that being Java based, the program should work in the same way regardless of the operating system, so if there is an End key, try that, and if not, see if there is an alternative key which will do the same as the PC's End key.

7. 7 Posted by sth on 07 Aug, 2018 12:42 AM

Extended keyboards with the numeric keypad do! Also on other keyboards fn-right arrow (or maybe down arrow) does the same thing.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac